It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Piper's Scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

Piper's Scrapbook - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piper's Scrapbook   Piper's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 5:15 pm

awww Smile i'm glad they're all getting along
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Piper's Scrapbook   Piper's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 9:49 am

So, I think she is feeling pretty comfortable now. Very Happy Last night was the first night without the timer for potty breaks and she did fabulously. I still can't get over how well behaved she is for 4 months old. Those people were crazy for giving her up. Oh and it dawned on me this weekend as I was petting her that she doesn't have the Siberian double coat. I might go get the DNA test just out of curiousity of what she is mixed with.
Piper's Scrapbook - Page 3 2011-12-01214324
Piper's Scrapbook - Page 3 2011-12-01213641
Piper's Scrapbook - Page 3 2011-12-01213628
Back to top Go down
beck3465
Teenager
Teenager
beck3465

PostSubject: Re: Piper's Scrapbook   Piper's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 11:31 am

Oh my goodness those pics are adorable. She is soooooo cute. You did great with this adoption. Lucky Piper!!!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Piper's Scrapbook   Piper's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 11:48 am

At 4 months do sibes have a thick double Coat? I thought that came with age? Either way she is super cute!

Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Piper's Scrapbook   Piper's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 1:05 pm

Rodeo didn't have a double coat he just had puppy fuzz.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Piper's Scrapbook   Piper's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 1:07 pm

Kody didn't either!

Super cute pics of her Mindy!!! I just want to lay on her belly I love you
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Piper's Scrapbook   Piper's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 10:26 pm

beck3465 wrote:
Oh my goodness those pics are adorable. She is soooooo cute. You did great with this adoption. Lucky Piper!!!

Thanks!

Hmmm...Willow and Dakota were so fluffy at this age, Piper isn't. Maybe she will fill out more later. I guess we will see!
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Piper's Scrapbook   Piper's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 10:31 pm

Awwwww....puppy PAWS! How cute! She definitely looks like she's settled in! Good job!
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Piper's Scrapbook   Piper's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 1:16 am

yeah, Ghost just had puppy fuzz until about 2 months ago. We were at the vet and she commented how her adult coat was starting to come in, and we noticed a color change as well.

That being said, if you really are that curious get the test Smile

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Piper's Scrapbook - Page 3 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

PostSubject: Re: Piper's Scrapbook   Piper's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 5:58 am

Yeah Embry was super fluffy at that age, but it was all puppy fur.
Zoeys coat was super thin at that age though..
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Piper's Scrapbook   Piper's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 9:01 pm

26nikita wrote:
I still can't get over how well behaved she is for 4 months old. Those people were crazy for giving her up.

I'm starting to think I'm crazy for giving Piper to my son! This girl is making puppyhood look easy!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Piper's Scrapbook   Piper's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 11:23 pm

This guy looks like Piper all grown up!

http://chattanooga.ebayclassifieds.com/dogs-puppies/pisgah/alaskan-malamute-gentleman-jim-large-adult-male-dog/?ad=5935961&msg=OUT_OF_AREA
Back to top Go down
Faded213
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Piper's Scrapbook   Piper's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 5:40 pm

ok wow they do look a lot alike! Gorgeous dogs!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Piper's Scrapbook   Piper's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 5:52 pm

Thank you! Did you check out the link just before your post? I think ours will look like this guy when they are grown up. Smile
Back to top Go down
Faded213
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Piper's Scrapbook   Piper's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 12:12 am

I just did. The dog in the link has a lot of similarities to ours! Stella has been a terror today. She apparently figured out how to open the door on her kennel and let herself out....not once, but twice. The first time she opened the door and came right out, the second time she somehow figured out how to slide the black piece of plastic in the bottom of it out and then muscle her way out of the bottom...came home to A LOT of pleasant surprises...lol! Gotta love puppies and all the excitement that comes along with them! (We were only gone for 1 hour both times...lol)
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Piper's Scrapbook   Piper's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 1:57 pm

I babysat the kiddos last night and brought Piper with me. The two oldest are scared of dogs and Piper is such a sweetheart my brother thought she could get them comfortable with dogs. Ofcourse Piper won them over. The littlest one ADORED Piper. She kept hugging her tail. It was so funny! Piper is such a good kid friendly dog! She couldn't have been better behaved. She never jumped on them, didn't chase them, sat for them when they wanted to pet her or throw a ball for her. I can't state enough how the previous family were fools for giving her up! Here are some pics but they are so dark. Piper just does not show up in pictures. I should have called her black shadow or something like that!

Piper watching intently hoping for fallen food!
Piper's Scrapbook - Page 3 2012-02-25182521

I talked the two eldest in laying on the floor so Piper would lay with them. The youngest wanted to lay on her but her big sis was not ready to trust yet.
Piper's Scrapbook - Page 3 2012-02-25184803

Piper earned big sis's trust at this point
Piper's Scrapbook - Page 3 2012-02-25185310

By the end of the night, big sis was the one that played with her more. Smile
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Piper's Scrapbook   Piper's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 2:26 pm

Can one of the Mod's change the name of this thread to Piper's Scrapbook? Please and thanks!
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

PostSubject: Re: Piper's Scrapbook   Piper's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 6:46 pm

too cute! Piper sounds like such a dream dog!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Piper's Scrapbook   Piper's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 8:29 pm

Jennet&Embry wrote:
too cute! Piper sounds like such a dream dog!

She really is!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Piper's Scrapbook   Piper's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 8:39 pm

Awww what a sweety she is!!!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Piper's Scrapbook   Piper's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 2:02 pm

26nikita wrote:
Can one of the Mod's change the name of this thread to Piper's Scrapbook? Please and thanks!
Done Smile

glad to hear how good she was with the kids!

Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Piper's Scrapbook   Piper's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 2:42 pm

Thank you Jenn!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Piper's Scrapbook   Piper's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 4:15 pm

I stayed up reading with just my little light next to my bed last night and when I decided to turn in, all three were snoozing away. I had to get a pic but had to turn on the main light and as you can see, Piper was protesting! LOL!

Piper's Scrapbook - Page 3 2012-03-03002543
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Piper's Scrapbook   Piper's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:45 pm

Today is Pipers 1st birthday! I will be visiting her after work so I will post pics of how big she's gotten!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Piper's Scrapbook   Piper's Scrapbook - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 3:06 pm

Happy first birthday Piper! hope you get some good pictures of her enjoying her yummy treats!

PostSubject: Re: Piper's Scrapbook   Piper's Scrapbook - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Piper's Scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next