It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Wolf Husky Pups

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

Wolf Husky Pups - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Husky Pups   Wolf Husky Pups - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 1:19 am

Pamela, my rant didn't involve you, or anyone specific here. My rant is because wolf dogs do get a bad rap, just like huskies, heck, just like pit bulls. I try very hard to understand why people label a husky (for instance) as a wolf dog. Most byb's here who sell their husky/"wolf dog" are not in it for profit. I can assure those who read this. Miya was sold to me for $150. I bought her, knowingly that the"breeder" claimed she was a wolf dog, simply because I did not want to see another chained up beautiful dog. I always wanted a husky. My husband seen her and was so excited that he found my dream dog. Then when the "breeder" told me the mom and dad's percentages, I just smiled and went on with my notion, that he was wrong. Because of the insistence that she was, I decided I would research, I am a firm believer, that you must know a dog's breed in order to properly train. Had I read things about husky puppies first, I would have never even went to the wolf dog reading. Her behavior was wolfish, but her behavior as a puppy was husky too, and then when I went on to refreshing my memory of gsd's, it dawned on me. Miya is a husky/gsd. I went to people online, and asked if they could take a look at Miya and give me their opinion on her physical characteristics, because yes, there are some very minor things that "could" say wolf dog, and most people said low or no. This took me 2 years to determine this. I asked questions of those who knew more than myself.

It is painful for me to have a new member come on and ask...is my puppy a husky/wolf, because I do know what to look for, I hate bursting someone's bubble, because I say no. Then I have to ask why are they disappointed that they do not have one? Growing up, mainly my teenage years, we had a gsd/wolf dog. He was nothing that most of this thread has said a wolf dog is, because people just do not understand. Just like some huskies, who are difficult to handle, mainly because they are poorly bred, so too are wolf dogs, or for that matter any breed of dog. I read horror stories of people's wolf dogs being out of control, or to the point unable to contain. I grew up with one that was a big goof ball, and his only issues were people wearing long black coats, and couldn't be off leash, he had huge prey drive, except for our cat.

I did go to the original OP's link they had up, and were asking if they were legit. Ugh, most of the pups were huskies. And this is where my rant came from. Then I encounter here in my town, people with black and white, near breed standard, blue eyed husky, and they say my dog is a wolf dog. I ask, how can we break this cycle? How can we educate people that even if you have a very low content, that one would never know what to do with a very high content? How can people get educated on wolf dogs, when most people can't even educate themselves on pure bred huskies?

This forum, educates people quite well. This forum, helps people who probably should have gotten a different breed of dog. I never knew that this thread existed. I have never expressed my feelings on the subject as much as I did today. I usually mention Miya, and then explain why someones little baby husky, with unknown parentage, is not part wolf, because I wouldn't be able to keep myself composed, if I let one dog ever be traumatized, because, I let a post go, and then said dog gets put down because of someones ignorance. Forgive me for my passion. I would rather have everyone with a "wolf dog" be completely silent about it, then to know they mentioned it, and that dog is taken away.

I hope you and others understand. It is not my intention to make anyone feel bad. It is my intention to educate. To break stereotypes. I also, am desperate to understand, why so many people want to believe they have a wolf dog? Why do people have such a desire to announce to everyone they have one, even if they don't? Why do so many think having one is so "cool"? I may be wrong, but I really do believe that the love you give your dog, is what makes your dog so loving. Bo who was gsd/wolf was no more nor no less loving to me than Miya who is husky/gsd. Maybe I see dogs differently than others.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Husky Pups   Wolf Husky Pups - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 3:51 pm

This in a nutshell makes your point, Renee. This is a petition currently going around seeking signatures to stop the destruction of a dog that looks like it is wolf. It looks nearly identical to Miya. Basically, if it is wolf it will be put down because they can't adopt it out. Not sure to what extent this shelter will go to in order to prove it isn't wolf, but people are trying to get it out of there at least.

Save Karma

Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Husky Pups   Wolf Husky Pups - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 4:03 pm

Jenn, thanks!! I never sign petitions, but I had to this time, she indeed looks like my Miya, and I would go to the ends of this earth to protect my girl and any one elses. Thanks again for sharing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Husky Pups   Wolf Husky Pups - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wolf Husky Pups

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4