It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Curious Question: Number of husky owners who don't have kids?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
artoaky
Teenager
Teenager
artoaky

Male Join date : 2012-02-15

Curious Question: Number of husky owners who don't have kids? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curious Question: Number of husky owners who don't have kids?   Curious Question: Number of husky owners who don't have kids? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 12:22 pm

Zero kids here Smile besides Luna Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BayAreaHuskies
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Curious Question: Number of husky owners who don't have kids?   Curious Question: Number of husky owners who don't have kids? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 1:08 pm

Niraya wrote:
I don't know if I'll have a kid. Not anytime soon if we do decide. Personally, if humans were evaluated like many good breeders evaluate their breeding stock - I wouldn't be getting bred and I think I'll always have that view point. There aren't enough good qualities about me (and those not so good qualities aren't fixed by my better half lol) that should be reproduced.

Having said that - I guess after reading some of these stories Bella would be just like my kid. I know Kurt thinks of her has our kid. But to me she's just my baby. She is my constant. She is my rock when the waters get rough. She's the reason I realize I can't commit the mass murder on all of the people who piss me off regularly (this is a joke/sarcasm btw) because I realize she would be absolutely lost without me, literally. But just like a kid - she is the one thing I am constantly proud of and on the reverse side of the coin - she constantly annoys me and gets into trouble. She's the reason I get up in the morning and scowl because she's screaming her head off some days and the reason I get up with a smile and laugh because howling in my ear and tearing the blankets off of me is a great way to start a day. I guess in a way she could be my kid. Very Happy

I'm the same way. I always just think of the fact that we have a couple billion people too many on the planet already, many of which are children who don't have homes, and then I think about myself and can't really see an overwhelming reason why I should be duplicated to add to that. I'm not that great of a person.

From reading the replies it does seem like there are many people in the husky world who either don't want kids or are ambivalent. Nothing against those who DO like/have kids of course--we're all different. But it makes me wonder what it is about THESE dogs that draws the child-ambivalent of us. Maybe I'm wrong, but there does seem to be something about how difficult and aloof they are that fills that genetic predisposition we have towards raising/teaching/correcting/protecting something.
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

Female Join date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Curious Question: Number of husky owners who don't have kids?   Curious Question: Number of husky owners who don't have kids? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 1:20 pm

Niraya wrote:

Having said that - I guess after reading some of these stories Bella would be just like my kid. I know Kurt thinks of her has our kid. But to me she's just my baby. She is my constant. She is my rock when the waters get rough. She's the reason I realize I can't commit the mass murder on all of the people who piss me off regularly (this is a joke/sarcasm btw) because I realize she would be absolutely lost without me, literally. But just like a kid - she is the one thing I am constantly proud of and on the reverse side of the coin - she constantly annoys me and gets into trouble. She's the reason I get up in the morning and scowl because she's screaming her head off some days and the reason I get up with a smile and laugh because howling in my ear and tearing the blankets off of me is a great way to start a day. I guess in a way she could be my kid. Very Happy

This just summed up eveything I feel about my girls.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Curious Question: Number of husky owners who don't have kids?   Curious Question: Number of husky owners who don't have kids? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 1:48 pm

Tiff&Kya wrote:
Niraya wrote:

This just summed up eveything I feel about my girls.

Agreed 100%!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curious Question: Number of husky owners who don't have kids?   Curious Question: Number of husky owners who don't have kids? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Curious Question: Number of husky owners who don't have kids?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2