It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Legend_of_Faolan
Teenager
Teenager
Legend_of_Faolan

Female Join date : 2011-08-23

Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5   Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5 - Page 3 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 9:56 pm

She is just adorable!
Back to top Go down
jedwards
Teenager
Teenager
jedwards

Female Join date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5   Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5 - Page 3 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 10:25 pm

She is SOOOO pretty!
Back to top Go down
LifeInSnowMotion
Teenager
Teenager
LifeInSnowMotion

Female Join date : 2012-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5   Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5 - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 6:39 pm

Storms don't seem to bother Snow Smile

Back to top Go down
Legend_of_Faolan
Teenager
Teenager
Legend_of_Faolan

PostSubject: Re: Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5   Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5 - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 11:02 pm

We didn't get any hail for some reason, which is a shame because I haven't seen hail like that before! Or if I have, I don't remember. A friend of mine posted pictures of the hail in her hand, it's the size of golf balls! :O
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Male Join date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5   Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 12:38 am

Aw no snow in the video Sad
Back to top Go down
LifeInSnowMotion
Teenager
Teenager
LifeInSnowMotion

PostSubject: Re: Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5   Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 12:49 am

She was sleeping when I took the video. Smile I think I have some video of her I can upload once my phone charges, and as long as I don't fall asleep!

She had her first two accidents yesterday and one today. I know it's expected but after not having any since she got here (just 3 days) it was a little disappointing. But I know she's going to do it and she's still good with it.

She also smells of lavender now that we got the oils on her collar. I love it Smile She's such a little diva already!

Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5 - Page 3 181467_10151140572629008_709494007_13423250_1099511535_n
Back to top Go down
LifeInSnowMotion
Teenager
Teenager
LifeInSnowMotion

PostSubject: Re: Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5   Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 4:28 pm

Snow seems to be peeing more frequently than she has been. I haven't noticed if she's drinking more water but should I mention this tomorrow? I'm taking her in to see the vet just to have her looked over. I know she's still a puppy so it may just be puppy peeing.

Anyway, here's a short video of her playing the day we got her Smile

Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5   Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 4:36 pm

same problem here with Balon, drinking tons and peeing like crazy, I guess he is just hot even though ac is on!
Back to top Go down
LifeInSnowMotion
Teenager
Teenager
LifeInSnowMotion

PostSubject: Re: Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5   Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 4:39 pm

She had no accidents in the house until a couple of days ago. She would go sit at the door, we'd take her out and she'd pee. Now we keep catching her trying to squat in the house, immediately yell "Outside!" and take her straight out where she finishes. Should I be concerned about UTI or is it just a puppy thing?
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5   Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 4:42 pm

If you're going to take her in to the vet soon i'd try and get a sample of her urine before you go in tomorrow. Best to get as fresh as possible. That way they can test it and rule it out.

Just remember they'll need to go out after running, playing, drinking, eating, sleeping... nearly just about everything.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
LifeInSnowMotion
Teenager
Teenager
LifeInSnowMotion

PostSubject: Re: Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5   Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 4:48 pm

She does!! We take her out religiously! How on earth would I go about getting a pee sample? O.o
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5   Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:43 pm

ladle under her to catch the pee and then seal it in a container, had to do that with sierra once

Teenager
Teenager
LifeInSnowMotion

PostSubject: Re: Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5   Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:49 pm

I'll try that... seems like I may be up all night trying to catch pee Razz

So she just had another accident :/ She is now confined to living room only.
Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5 - Page 3 9513efbe

Just need to figure out how to block off behind the couch. It's a 4 piece sectional so I can't just slide it against the wall.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5   Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 7:15 pm

are you taking her out every hour if not every half hr?

Teenager
Teenager
LifeInSnowMotion

PostSubject: Re: Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5   Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 7:22 pm

We were going every two hours... Time to move back to 1 huh?
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5   Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 7:30 pm

im pretty sure at that age they got to go all the time! i would rather take her out every 30 min then clean up pee or poo!

Teenager
Teenager
LifeInSnowMotion

PostSubject: Re: Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5   Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 7:30 pm

Agreed. She doesn't seem to respond at all to the happy potty dance. Should I start trying treats?
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5   Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 8:08 pm

SnowPatrol wrote:
Agreed. She doesn't seem to respond at all to the happy potty dance. Should I start trying treats?

Absolutely. Figure out what treat she likes more than anything else in this world, and only give it to her when she goes potty outside. She'll pick it up pretty quickly.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5 - Page 3 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
LifeInSnowMotion
Teenager
Teenager
LifeInSnowMotion

PostSubject: Re: Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5   Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 8:19 pm

Any suggestions on a tasty treat? I have my poor DH going to the store with a huge list, lol! So far we have... Blue puppy food b.c she's currently on Purina (yuck), bitter spray to spray on her bed before she ruins it and anything else she isn't suppose to chew, and MORE toys to keep her from eating the living room... and maybe even the kids Wink
Back to top Go down
Legend_of_Faolan
Teenager
Teenager
Legend_of_Faolan

PostSubject: Re: Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5   Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 8:24 pm

I'd suggest a turkey hot dog cut up into small pieces (since she'll be getting a lot throughout the day) and use it ONLY for potty time, that way it's "special". If she doesn't like the hot dog, maybe try boiled chicken cut up small, or something else that has a strong smell.
Back to top Go down
LifeInSnowMotion
Teenager
Teenager
LifeInSnowMotion

PostSubject: Re: Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5   Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 11:22 pm

Playing with iPhone app
Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5 - Page 3 35507_10151143683029008_709494007_13433423_1811112070_n

Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5   Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 11:28 pm

Cute picture!

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5 - Page 3 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5   Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 11:31 pm

Balon is doing the same, drinking a lot and peeing a lot, he has had more accidents this week then ever, we have been taking up his water at 8 pm, and I have been watching how much he drinks, his urine looks clear and light I doubt its an infection, seems like huskys like to drink a lot, so that means we need to take them out a lot more!

Also make sure you are cleaning up accidents with an enzymatic cleaner such as natures miracle because if she smells where she went she will continue to use that spot! I would keep her in a room that has tile, or something easier to clean then carpet!

You are not alone! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5   Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5 - Page 3 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 1:00 am

Puppies (and dogs in general) who are fed kibble will drink a lot more water because kibble is extremely dry.

puppies have very little control of their bodily functions until roughly 6 months of age. A VERY GENERAL (very very general) rule that you can use is a puppy might be able to hold it for ABOUT 1 hour for ever month that they are old (ex: a 2 month old puppy should roughly be able to hold it for an hour and a half to two hours - give or take. I like to stay on the cautious side and take them out early before accidents). If they're having accidents in the house they can't hold it for that long and you have to take them out more frequently.

It's also extremely important to remember (as was already mentioned) a puppy has to go potty after basically EVERYTHING. Napping/sleeping, eating/drinking, running, playing etc.

For me - I took Bella out every hour to an hour and a half until she was about 4 months old. Then I took her out every two to two hours and forty five minutes until she was about 6 months old. Then I upped it to three to four hours at about 7 months.

Bella hasn't had an accident inside since she was between 4 and 5 months old (all my fault) and only has had around 10 accidents total.

Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5 - Page 3 Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
LifeInSnowMotion
Teenager
Teenager
LifeInSnowMotion

PostSubject: Re: Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5   Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5 - Page 3 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 4:58 pm

Snow's appt. went well Smile She got the pill that kills fleas in 30 minutes and then tomorrow she will get a dose of vectra. Started on heartworm meds and is also on hookworm meds... pesky buggers :/ But everyone there was in LOVE with her. I'm not surprised Very Happy

I'll add more vet pics later.

Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5 - Page 3 575047_10151145161864008_957616091_n
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5   Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Snowflake's Scrapbook UPDATED 9/5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next