It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

dogs dont like mine

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jennifer.vilders
Newborn
Newborn

dogs dont like mine Empty
PostSubject: dogs dont like mine   dogs dont like mine EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 11:29 pm

i have a couple wolf hybrids ( husky/wolf) other dogs DO Not like Ares my big male. I contacted a hybrid breeder in town if he could help me. he was very nice and came over. took two steps towards ares and he jumped and grabbed ahold of his arm! he wasnt very helpful with his info. so i was wondering if any one on here knew or had a suggestion. thank you
Back to top Go down
ashleylou
Teenager
Teenager
ashleylou

Female Join date : 2012-07-03

PostSubject: Re: dogs dont like mine   dogs dont like mine EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 11:49 pm

So are you saying other dogs are aggressive towards him or he gets aggressive with other dogs, but I would say ares is the alpha and the guy just approached him wrong, its all about body language. Wolves are very territorial and when it comes to protecting there pack and home and to show dominance the wolf in him just comes out. Honestly I don't know if you can train him to be social with other dogs and humans because of that alpha roll. I'm no expert on this so I could be wrong but instincts are instincts.
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: dogs dont like mine   dogs dont like mine EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 12:48 am

What is his wolf content?
Back to top Go down
jennifer.vilders
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: dogs dont like mine   dogs dont like mine EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 5:01 pm

oh im sorry i should have clarified. Ares is never mean towards other dogs usually wants to play. the first time i ever saw him growl at someone was when we were getting Hades we got him from the same breeder, im truly not sure on his wolf content. the man i saw said you could tell he was wolf by his teeth, his paws and his size. Ares has clear blue eyes and Hades has one blue eye and one brown and he said that wasnt good cause wolves dont have light blue eyes that will mean they will go blind, which im not sure if thats true or not. i also got Hades so Ares could have a friend. Ares is bigger then huskies and gsp's and he told me Ares wont be fully grown till he 3 to 5 years. the guy wrote his alpha female with him to see how he acted with her and of course he tries to dominate her but she put him in his place Smile and it doesnt matter what kind of dog it is. any dog we have come in contact with was supposed to be nice never mean and loved other dogs Ares went up to sniff him and the dog went crazy growling ears back. now please dont laugh because im truly curious. Do you think domestic dogs can smell that hes part wild/wolf?
Besides the size of Ares he looks full blooded husky, and his dad is much much bigger then he is. so now i always make sure to ask a person if they have animals before i although them to get near Ares. oh and do you think he would protect me if someone was trying to hurt me? everyone says no because he hasnt been properly trained but i do believe he would. your thoughts? thank you so much
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: dogs dont like mine   dogs dont like mine EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 5:49 pm

Got any pictures? I'd like to see some Smile
Back to top Go down
ashleylou
Teenager
Teenager
ashleylou

PostSubject: Re: dogs dont like mine   dogs dont like mine EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 6:27 pm

jennifer.vilders wrote:
Do you think domestic dogs can smell that hes part wild/wolf?
Besides the size of Ares he looks full blooded husky, and his dad is much much bigger then he is. so now i always make sure to ask a person if they have animals before i although them to get near Ares. oh and do you think he would protect me if someone was trying to hurt me? everyone says no because he hasnt been properly trained but i do believe he would. your thoughts? thank you so much
Maybe they do sence that. possibly the other dogs are intimidated by him and maybe they need to declare there own dominance because they sence that he has wolf in him..?
would he protect you? id say it just depends on how deep of a bond you have with him..
if you could, tell us a bit more about him and his personality please (:
oh and could we see some pics?
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: dogs dont like mine   dogs dont like mine EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 6:31 pm

I'd bet money you just have a husky on steroids. Huskies and husky/mal hybrids are very distinguishable, but I've met a LOT of people who have told me they have hybrids and were positive about it and the dog was just a lanky husky. I'd like to see some photos, too.

I'd say any dog given the right situation could go into protection mode. Mine are not protective of me in general but I think if they could sense I was genuinely afraid, they'd step infront of me.
Back to top Go down
jennifer.vilders
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: dogs dont like mine   dogs dont like mine EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 6:52 pm

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3644574172627&set=a.3644574012623.110247.1822575027&type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-snc6%2F737045_3644574172627_1293291573_o.jpg&smallsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-snc6%2F227617_3644574172627_1293291573_n.jpg&size=1280%2C960

Back to top Go down
jennifer.vilders
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: dogs dont like mine   dogs dont like mine EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:04 pm

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3644575212653&set=a.3644574012623.110247.1822575027&type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-snc6%2F737089_3644575212653_396493856_o.jpg&smallsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-snc6%2F227658_3644575212653_396493856_n.jpg&size=1280%2C960

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3644577292705&set=a.3644574012623.110247.1822575027&type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-ash3%2F736234_3644577292705_1998597972_o.jpg&smallsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-ash4%2F183381_3644577292705_1998597972_n.jpg&size=1280%2C960

sorry you guys took m fereverrr to figure out how they would let me dp it so we going old school:) just click the link
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: dogs dont like mine   dogs dont like mine EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:04 pm

It's private.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: dogs dont like mine   dogs dont like mine EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:07 pm

They don't even look wolf IMHO. Embrys breeder bred wolf hybrids and they looked nothing like that. They were all SiberianxWolf and her females were 25% content
dogs dont like mine 66508_162761437081551_1514819_n

and her daughter that's probably around 10%
dogs dont like mine 73032_162760980414930_1785944_n
Back to top Go down
jennifer.vilders
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: dogs dont like mine   dogs dont like mine EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:09 pm

so how can i add my
pics?
Back to top Go down
jennifer.vilders
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: dogs dont like mine   dogs dont like mine EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:11 pm

https://i.servimg.com/u/f11/18/02/78/97/ares2d10.jpg
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: dogs dont like mine   dogs dont like mine EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:14 pm

That is a husky if I've ever seen one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
jennifer.vilders
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: dogs dont like mine   dogs dont like mine EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:15 pm

https://i.servimg.com/u/f11/18/02/78/97/bothdo12.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f11/18/02/78/97/hadesd12.jpg
Back to top Go down
jennifer.vilders
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: dogs dont like mine   dogs dont like mine EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:16 pm

he looks like it doesnt he? but hes not well nether of them are
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: dogs dont like mine   dogs dont like mine EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:19 pm

He looks like a husky to me
Back to top Go down
jennifer.vilders
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: dogs dont like mine   dogs dont like mine EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:24 pm

well the wolf hybrid breeder told me he was part wolf. how much i dont know. i was just curios why nobody likes him. i had to get my other mutt just so could have a friend.
Back to top Go down
ashleylou
Teenager
Teenager
ashleylou

PostSubject: Re: dogs dont like mine   dogs dont like mine EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:28 pm

They are very good looking pups but I'd say the wolf content in them is pretty low... The only way to know for sure is a blood test though I believe
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: dogs dont like mine   dogs dont like mine EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:31 pm

I see no wolf content whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: dogs dont like mine   dogs dont like mine EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:33 pm

I know a lot of dogs don't like my Maya, she's been attacked a couple times at the dog park. She'll also get into fights with certain dogs so we don't go to the dog park anymore. I always thought that it was just because she's pretty dominant and the other dogs didn't like it.
Back to top Go down
jennifer.vilders
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: dogs dont like mine   dogs dont like mine EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:36 pm

thanks i appreciate the help
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: dogs dont like mine   dogs dont like mine EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:51 pm

Personally, I don't see any wolf content either. As Abby stated, he might just be very dominant and other dogs can be dominant as well or just intimidated by him.
Back to top Go down
KitR
Puppy
Puppy
KitR

Female Join date : 2012-03-08

PostSubject: Re: dogs dont like mine   dogs dont like mine EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 4:27 pm

Maybe if you want to socialize your two with other dogs, you can think about just having one dog over at a time or visiting one friend's backyard. Starting off with proper introductions (meeting at a neutral place, going for a walk together, and then going to your final destination with the other dog), might help and will let you know how the other dogs are going to react right away.

Going to the dog park or meeting up with a lot of dogs at once can be overwhelming for everyone involved. You might also see if there are any private dog parks in your area where you could go at non-busy times and see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
bellecma
Teenager
Teenager
bellecma

Female Join date : 2012-09-21

PostSubject: Re: dogs dont like mine   dogs dont like mine EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 8:52 pm

Our dog doesn't do well with a lot of other dogs and certainly a crowded dog park would bring out the worst in her. So we are socializing her slowing, one dog friend at a time. Our friends have a 100lb Anatolion Shepard mix with a great temperament. They let us introduce Lola to her. It was really helpful especially watching the body language. Lola did great with her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dogs dont like mine   dogs dont like mine Empty

Back to top Go down

dogs dont like mine

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next