It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

What has your Husky eaten lately?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 9:49 pm

Hailey likes to eat tampons.. any kind. So those stay locked away now and all our garages have lids in the bathroom. She also likes tissue of any kind. Today she ate John's hat. She'll grab boxes, pieces of paper, decks of cards, remote controls. If the place isn't puppy proofed completely, she'll eat it.

What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 2 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Nero
Puppy
Puppy

Male Join date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 1:42 am

OMG TOILET PAPER!!! Nero goes NUTS over the stuff!!!!!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
snrose
Adult
Adult
snrose

Female Join date : 2010-10-05

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 10:31 am

i feel so lucky...mine barely eats anything and she roams free all day Smile
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 5:47 pm

Last edited by Here4thePics on Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
snrose
Adult
Adult
snrose

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 9:57 pm

i cant say nikki hasn't gotten into the trash...but its generally only if something REEEALLLY good was left in there...then i kind of blame myself cause i should have known better tongue ...oh and she counter surfs if good food is left up there...again my fault should know better than to leave it up there.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 9:52 pm

My 10 year Dakota has never gotten into anything he wasn't suppose to. I couldn't ask for better. Now my new 12 week old puppy Willow...she's another story. I practically follow her around the house taking things from her. The worst is she loves rocks. She snatches them up on our walks. If anyone has advice on how to stop this, please help! I would prefer to prevent huge vet bills.
Back to top Go down
amykmac
Adult
Adult
amykmac

Female Join date : 2009-11-06

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 6:59 am

26nikita wrote:
My 10 year Dakota has never gotten into anything he wasn't suppose to. I couldn't ask for better. Now my new 12 week old puppy Willow...she's another story. I practically follow her around the house taking things from her. The worst is she loves rocks. She snatches them up on our walks. If anyone has advice on how to stop this, please help! I would prefer to prevent huge vet bills.

Oh no, not another rock eater! If you figure out how to stop this, other by following my Isis around 24/7, be sure to let me know. We had two close calls with her within weeks of each other last spring and had those huge vet bills! We haven't had the medical issue since then, as I try to keep an eye on her as much as possible, so no chance for her to get one lately.....crazy dog....
Back to top Go down
amykmac
Adult
Adult
amykmac

Female Join date : 2009-11-06

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 7:06 am

And, oh yeah, Nanuk has taken to stealing the dirty q-tips from the bathroom trash if we happen to leave the door open, which we try not to do. And Mika has discovered she LOVES my banana-nut muffins, ol' counter-cruiser that she is! Suspect
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 5:34 pm

our fur kids hate when we come home from and leave again!
memory foam dog bed
What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 2 PB190670
dog toy box
What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 2 PB220687
1 week of news paper
What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 2 PB250689

Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 7:38 pm

Last edited by Here4thePics on Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 10:55 pm

I take Mya to the park that's 2 blocks away 2-3 times a day and unfortunately people tend to leave food on the floor at times. Recently she's decided to start eating it all! I have to watch her the entire time! Sometimes the food looks gross like it's been there for awhile! The worst was when she picked up an ice cream cup full of ants! I got so scared!!!! I yanked it out of her mouth and took off my t-shirt (I was wearing a sports bra) and wiped her entire face immediately. You have no idea how covered that thing was in ants! We went straight home and she went in doggie time out!
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 4:59 pm

Hailey has decided to start eating our blankets. We no longer have a single entirely in tact blanket in the house Sad

What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 2 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 8:12 pm

Last thing Siku ate was her bed, but it was our fault. We know she's will eat her beds if left in her crate with her, but we did it anyway when family was over cause it was only for 10 minutes or so. Well she can sure do a lot in 10 minutes! She chewed the zipper into pieces and tore the bed open and de-stuffed it. The rest of the family was a bit horrified at what she did. Rolling Eyes She will *knock on wood* sleep on her fleece blanket in her crate with no problems. Guess she just has a thing for zippers. She will leave her beds alone if they are out in the house thankfully.

Oh and the other day she found a nice big dead rat and proceeded to play keep away with me in the back yard. I did manage to get it, cause she dropped it so don't know if that counts as eating it. It was very well chewed though. Scared me though cause I think it died of rat poison. I saw it right before she grabbed it. It looked perfectly normal just dead and had blood around its mouth.
And I got a collar with a DIY dog tag, plastic with a place to put your info and then it sticks together. Well she somehow got the tag off very quickly and was chewing it like gum when I found it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
Muddy~Mira
Adult
Adult
Muddy~Mira

Female Join date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Mira Has eatten her Bed .. Icons bed The Handle off The Folding Table ... And .. Um ... That was Just This week ~LOL
Icon Ate My Ebrake Handle ~Sad
Back to top Go down
firefighterchik04
Teenager
Teenager
firefighterchik04

Female Join date : 2009-12-08

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 12:37 pm

WOW! I'm glad sniper isnt the only one LOL :-) she puked up 2 socks the other day! and got a fake bird off the christmas tree. she never gives up. she has gotten a lot better tho! She is a terror!!! My little girl is learngin to pick up her toys or sniper will eat them!
Back to top Go down
Muddy~Mira
Adult
Adult
Muddy~Mira

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 4:43 pm

^^ Active Lil Hunter LOL ~
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 3:00 am

I am just over it at this point. I know I'm asking for it when we leave them out alone but why do they behave some days and not others? So we have been coming home to torn up news papers untill I removed them all. Well tonight we came home and they got into our wii games! At least one is trashed and a few covers gone, we remove one thing and they go after something new. I even ran them today... I know that once the stuff goes on the tree we will have to lock them up. Guess I will never win

The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 3:24 am

Jasmine has started on the firewood. Not good. Apparently she puked up straight chunks of it last night. Right now it's somewhat wet, but once it dries and gets splintery things get extremely dangerous. Then of course Coco has to go claim the leftover chunk and get aggressive with the others if they walk by. Yup, no win.
Back to top Go down
snrose
Adult
Adult
snrose

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 1:03 pm

wow i feel so lucky after seeing the pictures of the destruction a few posts up..haha. my husky is 100% trustworthy roaming loose in my house. the only thing she does is counter surf if we leave something really really good up there. i guess she's happily satisfied? low energy? who knows. i count my blessings Smile
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 2:30 pm

My 10 year old can be left in the house alone all day long and will touch nothing. But my puppy goes after everything. She is better after me constantly correcting her, but she still will go after things when I am not looking. Does this mean that she will never grow out of this? DID I just get lucky with Dakota? That makes me a little sad becuase I would eventually love to let her have free roam of the house with Dakota. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 2:37 pm

26nikita wrote:
My 10 year old can be left in the house alone all day long and will touch nothing. But my puppy goes after everything. She is better after me constantly correcting her, but she still will go after things when I am not looking. Does this mean that she will never grow out of this? DID I just get lucky with Dakota? That makes me a little sad becuase I would eventually love to let her have free roam of the house with Dakota. Crying or Very sad

My 4yr old girl would go AFTER EVERYTHING until she was about 21/2 and how she stays loose in our bedroom while we're at work. I just have to make sure that there are no socks or underwear anywhere because thats the only thing she'll go for. She's calmed down alot, but our 3month old that we just got is a total different story..lol
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 2:48 pm

Right now she is only crated when I am not home. She's really good about sleeping on her bed in my room at night and not getting up so I don't crate her at night. My goal is to adventually close her in the breezeway uncrated with Dakota when I am at work until she learned to not destroy things and then they both could have free roam of the house. Now after reading this thread, I am not sure if that is something that will be possible.
Back to top Go down
snrose
Adult
Adult
snrose

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 6:32 pm

i got my husky when she was 2 1/2 and she would get into things like the trash and paper every once in a while. she has also stolen gum out of my purse. she is 5 now and has definitely 100% grown out of it
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 2:25 pm

Cayenne and black pepper paste seems to have stopped the firewood feasting for who knows how long.

Now for Jasmine's latest work (this means her crate is going to have to come along with her)...
What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 2 IMG_20101215_095114

The part not shown is what happened to Ridik's last backpack. I'm so friggin' mad at that damn dog, I HAVE NO POOP BAGS NOW!!! NONE!!! Or any way for Ridik to MAINTAIN HIS WEIGHT ENDURANCE!!!
What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 2 Smiley-angry013

And the PS3 is not even a hope until summer when I won't care about having it. I knew Ridik would need a new bag by June, but buying it now wasn't even a consideration. It's going to be a nice one. My how things change quickly. Well, at least I have a couple hundo to spend on the dog gear.

*goes internet shopping while weeping over no race-em-up games*
Back to top Go down
Muddy~Mira
Adult
Adult
Muddy~Mira

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 3:56 pm

Whats The Obsession With Plastic bags ?? LOL
I Pick Up Poop And They Fight OVer The Bag I Put It In ..eewwww

Sad Sorry ~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What has your Husky eaten lately?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next