It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Does he look pure?
PURE
My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll? Vote_lcap0%My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Mixed
My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll? Vote_lcap100%My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll? Vote_rcap
 100% [ 2 ]
Hard to tell
My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll? Vote_lcap0%My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
fghanem
Newborn
Newborn
fghanem

Male Join date : 2020-10-10

My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll? Empty
PostSubject: My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll?   My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll? EmptySat Oct 10, 2020 3:18 am

Hello Everyone,

I got my boy Schippo 4 months ago latest photo is yesterday he's exactly 5 1/2 months old he's 44 LBS and 22" tall at the withers, not knowing if he's a pure husky or not?My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll? 3c711d10
My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll? 9e2c0e10
My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll? D5fef310
Back to top Go down
Liv_Skye
Adult
Adult
Liv_Skye

Female Join date : 2019-11-18

PostSubject: Re: My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll?   My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll? EmptySat Oct 10, 2020 6:09 am

I don’t know, I do feel like there could be some German shepherd there just by the shape of he’s head and the way he holds he’s back legs. But that could just be down to him going through the big ear and he’s body out of proportion stage due to he’s age you wouldn’t really know 100% unless you take a DNA test until then it’s just guess work.

Pretty pup though and just love him for who he is😊
Back to top Go down
fghanem
Newborn
Newborn
fghanem

PostSubject: Re: My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll?   My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll? EmptySat Oct 10, 2020 10:41 am

Liv_Skye wrote:
I don’t know, I do feel like there could be some German shepherd there just by the shape of he’s head and the way he holds he’s back legs. But that could just be down to him going through the big ear and he’s body out of proportion stage due to he’s age you wouldn’t really know 100% unless you take a DNA test until then it’s just guess work.

his Dad is pure husky,  pictures are of mom and his brother and sis, but doesn't seem any GSD in herMy Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll? Img_0413
My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll? Img_0414
My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll? Img_0415

Back to top Go down
fghanem
Newborn
Newborn
fghanem

PostSubject: Re: My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll?   My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll? EmptySat Oct 10, 2020 11:08 am

Liv_Skye wrote:

more pictures i found of the mom.
OH he's great pup, love him! i just don't know what to say when ppl ask what breed is it? i say mixed, many tell me it's a husky, i just wanted to be sure

thanks for the input

My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll? Img_0416
My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll? Img_0418
My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll? Img_0417
Back to top Go down
Liv_Skye
Adult
Adult
Liv_Skye

PostSubject: Re: My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll?   My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll? EmptySat Oct 10, 2020 2:29 pm

I really don’t know the mum is throwing me a bit, she doesn’t look well looked after though?
Maybe just a bad bred husky, best way to find out is a DNA test.
Back to top Go down
fghanem
Newborn
Newborn
fghanem

PostSubject: Re: My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll?   My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll? EmptySat Oct 10, 2020 3:09 pm

Yeah it’s sad how they had her on chain all the time, but on the positive side I heard she was given away to better home. Otherwise she’s a sweetheart
Back to top Go down
Liv_Skye
Adult
Adult
Liv_Skye

PostSubject: Re: My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll?   My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll? EmptySat Oct 10, 2020 3:41 pm

That’s good as it’s not fair to any animal to be chained up all day!
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll?   My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll? EmptySun Oct 11, 2020 12:04 am

While my pups are chained for their own safety, they live in the house and get a reasonable run ( I'm 73! ) from time to time.

What no one has commented on is that pup's will develop a LOT in their first year. While I agree that I see a lot of GSD resemblance in that first pic, it's safe to say that his physique will change over the next few <-> several months. Looking at him now is almost like looking at a plant that's sprouted it's first pair of leave and saying "Oh, that looks like cabbage (what, I didn't plant any!)"

Come back on his first birthday and you'll get a lot more definite "Yep, he's Husky!" or "Oh, I don't know, looks like a lot of GSD there."

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

PostSubject: Re: My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll?   My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll? EmptySun Oct 11, 2020 6:07 pm

Somoyed? But yeah they change alot. Where did your dogs name come from? When i first saw it i thought inuyasha but the spelling is different.
Back to top Go down
fghanem
Newborn
Newborn
fghanem

PostSubject: Re: My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll?   My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll? EmptyMon Oct 12, 2020 2:24 pm

that was my thought of a Samoyed for the mom at first, but they are fluffier and the head shape is different, anyway i will wait a few more months he's a getting big for a 5.5 months pup, now 46 LBS and 22" inches.

the name is Lebanese slang for clutz, since he was clumsy when i adopted him
Back to top Go down
Liv_Skye
Adult
Adult
Liv_Skye

PostSubject: Re: My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll?   My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll? EmptyMon Oct 12, 2020 2:37 pm

Why not get him DNA tested?
Back to top Go down
fghanem
Newborn
Newborn
fghanem

PostSubject: Re: My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll?   My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2020 2:36 am

i don't believe we have DNA testing here, either way i was just curious, since he had no pedigree papers.
Otherwise he's the sweetest little thing, great with other dogs, and loves people, and sharp as a whip
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll?   My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2020 1:39 pm

Now I'm confused ... you say you don't believe you have DNA testing where you are ... which, if you don't mind my asking, is "Where?"

You can quite probably get DNA test kit on line at Amazon for example.

Oh, the "OLX" photo developers was a give away. I'm pretty sure I Know where you are now and you might be right, getting a kit and the inherent mailing out might be a problem. Lotsa luck there.

Back to top Go down
fghanem
Newborn
Newborn
fghanem

PostSubject: Re: My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll?   My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2020 1:47 pm

I'm in Lebanon

aljones wrote:
Now I'm confused ... you say you don't believe you have DNA testing where you are ... which, if you don't mind my asking, is "Where?"
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll?   My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2020 4:53 pm

fghanem wrote:
I'm in Lebanon

aljones wrote:

Oh, shoot, I was only off by about 3100Km. It does help to know so that we can answer questions with that in mind. You have no idea how frustrating it can be when someone who has English as good as yours pops in and asks about dog food, for example - then we find out that all the brands we know and recommend aren't found in their country.

I thought Pakistan (sorry) since that was the only place I saw the "OLX" as film developers - see what I get, a 3100 Km error!

I'd be surprised if you couldn't get a DNA kit from amazon. But then again I have no idea what import on the kit would be and if Lebanese laws would allow you sent out a "clinical specimen" ... the world is a very interesting place. In line with the old Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times." Thanks world, but I'd really like it to be a little more boring!!

Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll?   My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2020 10:08 am

Your from my moms side of the world
Back to top Go down
fghanem
Newborn
Newborn
fghanem

PostSubject: Re: My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll?   My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2020 1:37 pm

Lostmaniac wrote:
Your from my moms side of the world
Cool, where abouts?
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll?   My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2020 2:35 pm

Parents is in Jerusalem sister and brother inlaw in tel aviv.
Back to top Go down
fghanem
Newborn
Newborn
fghanem

PostSubject: Re: My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll?   My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2020 6:46 pm

We’re cousins! hopefully peace will soon prevail in our neck of the woods.
Shalom/Salam
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll?   My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2020 6:51 pm

We can only hope. When i thought somoyed i was thinking usa, but mom looks like a classic sibercaan
Back to top Go down
Shepsky13
Teenager
Teenager
Shepsky13

Male Join date : 2017-11-03

PostSubject: Re: My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll?   My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll? EmptyThu Oct 29, 2020 7:02 pm

Currently I see GSD in the longer narrower muzzle and the large ears stacked on top of the head...
he doesn't look pure to me...
but it's just guessing! Smile

Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll?   My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll? EmptyThu Oct 29, 2020 11:33 pm

Moms face and tail look like a canaan dog. Its not a common breed exept a few countries and Lebanon is one of them. I know crossing the canaan with a sibe is very popular in Israel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll?   My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll? Empty

Back to top Go down

My Boy Schippo is he a pure Husky poll?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1