It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Soon to be a Husky Owner(which gender please)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Mermaidista
Teenager
Teenager
Mermaidista

Female Join date : 2012-01-03

Soon to be a Husky Owner(which gender please)  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a Husky Owner(which gender please)    Soon to be a Husky Owner(which gender please)  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 11:15 am

A few days later...

BOY!!

I have both, but boys are awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://seaside.scentsy.us
Kizmat
Teenager
Teenager
Kizmat

Female Join date : 2012-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a Husky Owner(which gender please)    Soon to be a Husky Owner(which gender please)  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 7:34 pm

When I emailed her about the worm and feeding she replied with:

Quote :
They will be wormed by our vet for the first time on August 17th. Then you will need to have it done again 4 - 6 weeks later. And then once more 4 - 6 weeks after that.
We feed them a raw and kibble diet. In the morning they get their kibble mixed with either cottage cheese or eggs. Then at dinner, they get their kibble mixed with either tuna, or hamburg, steak, or turkey burger.
The dry kibble that we buy is called "Into the Wild" it is an all natural, grain free food enriched with really important vitamins and minerals.
They also get fresh greens like lettuce, cucumbers, and spinach. And carrots regularly. We dice these in the food processor and mix it in with their food as well. Sometimes we give the carrots whole as treats. It is good for their teeth and vitamin a is a really important vitamin in a husky's diet.

She sent me a picture and my girl is wondering if the mother is half because she don't think it's a full husky now -_-. When I asked she google husky and told me she need to have more face hair, can you please me help?Smile

Luna and her mother:

Soon to be a Husky Owner(which gender please)  - Page 3 Photo-12
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a Husky Owner(which gender please)    Soon to be a Husky Owner(which gender please)  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 8:00 pm

I would bet money that the mother is full Siberian. She's really pretty too Smile

One thing to tell your girlfriend, is that all Huskies have slightly different coats. Our girl really doesn't have a very fluffy coat, and definitely not a fluffy face but she is for sure 100% Siberian Husky. I really wouldn't worry about it at all, from the picture the mom looks pure bred, and looks to have a similar coat to my dog.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Soon to be a Husky Owner(which gender please)  - Page 3 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a Husky Owner(which gender please)    Soon to be a Husky Owner(which gender please)  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 8:04 pm

Yep, I agree. Mom looks like a normal Sibe. Not all are plushy full thick coated ones!

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a Husky Owner(which gender please)    Soon to be a Husky Owner(which gender please)  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 8:17 pm

I agree she looks full husky.. MIne have very light coats and thin when they blow their coats.
The mother and pup are very cute..
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a Husky Owner(which gender please)    Soon to be a Husky Owner(which gender please)  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 9:29 pm

The mom looks like my Willow! Willow has a very sleek coat as well. My first one had the full fluffy coat and let me tell you the sleeker coat is so much easier when it comes to them blowing their coat.
Back to top Go down
Kizmat
Teenager
Teenager
Kizmat

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a Husky Owner(which gender please)    Soon to be a Husky Owner(which gender please)  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 10:24 pm

Soon to be a Husky Owner(which gender please)  - Page 3 Photo-13
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a Husky Owner(which gender please)    Soon to be a Husky Owner(which gender please)  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 11:25 pm

Looks like she has the same type of coat as my boy Demon. I'd say she's pure. Smile She's really pretty...can't wait to see what Luna will look like as she grows.

As for the gender question, I have one of each and each one of them have their pros and cons. It looks like you're deciding on female since you've chosen Luna. Welcome to the husky community and you're got a wild ride ahead of you, but it's well worth it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Erinc
Teenager
Teenager
Erinc

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a Husky Owner(which gender please)    Soon to be a Husky Owner(which gender please)  - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 6:35 am

Kizmat wrote:
I didn't switch, just couldn't win the battle with my girlfriend Crying or Very sad
Wormed 3-4 time? now i'm scared Neutral I need more research now Soon to be a Husky Owner(which gender please)  - Page 3 85993

Thanks Brady, that will be my homework for tonight

Question: I was reading an article on husky, it said if you don't plan to get more than one husky don't bother getting one. I stalked a few people pages lol and it seem liked everyone have 2 huskies

I've just got the one, and we're getting on fine! Maybe they didn't word it right, but if they meant that Huskies are addictive and you'll eventually end up adding to your pack, then i'd agree! Very Happy

EDIT: Oh & however much research you do, nothing will prepare you for the first months of Husky puppy ownership Very Happy The research sure does help but boy are you in for an experience!
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a Husky Owner(which gender please)    Soon to be a Husky Owner(which gender please)  - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 10:03 am

Kizmat wrote:
She sent me a picture and my girl is wondering if the mother is half because she don't think it's a full husky now -_-. When I asked she google husky and told me she need to have more face hair, can you please me help?Smile
She looks full-husky to me.

However, I want to kindly point out that if you are having these concerns, I would consider finding a more reputable breeder for any future purchases. Not only should there be no doubt in your mind that your puppy is full-husky, your breeder should alleviate any of these concerns without you even needing to ask, before you even get the thought in your head.

Please don't misunderstand me: I don't think you shouldn't get your puppy or think that your puppy is less than wonderful and perfect for you. However, in the future, I would recommend a more reputable breeder that educates you as much as you educate yourself. You shouldn't have to ask all these questions. You should already know the answers because the breeder told you, or the parents have Champion show/Racing titles, etc.

Soon to be a Husky Owner(which gender please)  - Page 3 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
SiberianAnubis
Adult
Adult
SiberianAnubis

Male Join date : 2010-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a Husky Owner(which gender please)    Soon to be a Husky Owner(which gender please)  - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 10:27 am

Looks like a full Husky to me too.
How old is the pup now? Becaus eit irritates me the the breeder wrote to you that they will be wormed the first time in mid August and you have to do it again a few times. Normally a puppy should be completely wormed when you get it.
Normally you only have to get the final vaccination shot done by your vet.
Back to top Go down
Kizmat
Teenager
Teenager
Kizmat

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a Husky Owner(which gender please)    Soon to be a Husky Owner(which gender please)  - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 7:01 pm

So today we took the 2 and half hour drive there, It was worth it. As soon as we walked into the house they came out running (4 puppies and 3 adult huskies). Next thing we know one of the puppy started biting my shoe laces and it turn out to be Luna. She seem happy. When my girlfriend picked her up she started licking her. I think we didn't have to pick, because she picked us.

Here's the video of her at 5 weeks old I love you
Back to top Go down
Kizmat
Teenager
Teenager
Kizmat

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a Husky Owner(which gender please)    Soon to be a Husky Owner(which gender please)  - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 7:07 pm

FYI- in the video she was telling my girlfriend about the puppies and she seem to answered every questions we had, plus she shown us the contract we will sign when we come pick her up. She said for any reason we feel like we can't take care of her we can return her back.

My girlfriend took all the information while I played with the puppies, two huskies doesn't seem so bad;)

Dennis she's 5 weeks old.
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a Husky Owner(which gender please)    Soon to be a Husky Owner(which gender please)  - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 7:12 pm

That's good that she has that contract.

And remember, raising 2 at the same time will make things more difficult! Wink There will always be more puppies and/or rescues in the future.

Soon to be a Husky Owner(which gender please)  - Page 3 Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
Titus&Lycan
Teenager
Teenager
Titus&Lycan

Female Join date : 2012-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a Husky Owner(which gender please)    Soon to be a Husky Owner(which gender please)  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 12:44 am

The mother definitely looks full husky to me. She's beautiful.
Also, it's not necessary to have two huskies. I agree with Sara, raising to husky puppies will be a lot more difficult. If you really want two, you can wait until Luna gets older and adequately trained. You don't want the new puppy to learn the bad things from the older one.
Titus was 14 months old when I got Lycan. Lycan was toilet trained within 10 days as Titus is showing him around.
And yes I have both males. I don't think gender is an issue as long as you train and raise them in proper.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a Husky Owner(which gender please)    Soon to be a Husky Owner(which gender please)  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Soon to be a Husky Owner(which gender please)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3