It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 1:41 pm

I've been known to do stuff like that too, usually the result of being dared. Well done.

I dare you to get a hot pink cast...

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 2 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 5:22 pm

Koda wrote:
Complete with ACME products to assist in the execution.

Good gosh Tori affraid they shoot horses with broken legs not people with smashed heels.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 5:26 pm

Here4thePics wrote:
Koda wrote:
Complete with ACME products to assist in the execution.

Good gosh Tori affraid they shoot horses with broken legs not people with smashed heels.

lol!

If that were the case, I'd have been put out of my misery years ago...

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 2 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

Male Join date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 10:20 pm

Multiple fractures. Ever so slight displacement. CT scan tomorrow. Review of the scans on Wednesday to decide if I need surgery or not. Doc says it's a 50/50 chance on that one.

At least 2 months of total non-weight bearing no matter what. Not happy.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 10:22 pm

Uggh... this just got so not funny anymore. I'm sorry, Riley Sad

Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 2 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 10:31 pm

That really sucks, Riley. I'm so sorry to hear that, and I know exactly how you feel. I really hope you don't have to have surgery and it heals without any complications.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 10:32 pm

Can't imagine. Sorry to hear. That REALLY sucks.
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 10:35 pm

Dude.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 10:47 pm

aw, man! that sucks!
i hope no surgery is needed...

Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 11:14 pm

Hoping for the best possible outcome for you! This stinks...
Back to top Go down
shaina&indy
Teenager
Teenager
shaina&indy

Female Join date : 2011-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 12:23 am

Ouch! Hope you heal quickly, and hopefully no surgery is needed! Sucks you'll be out for 2 months.. :/

Although, that looks like tons of fun!
Back to top Go down
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 7:56 pm

So I successfully walked Appa on crutches this morning (good boy!) - but I was exhausted. I got home early from work and he wanted out - so instead of taking him for a tiresome walk I took him to the dog park. He's currently keeping a perimeter around me and chases off any dog that comes close. Guess he knows I'm injured. He's even bringing me toys - he never does that.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 8:00 pm

Awww Riley! How sweet is that!
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 8:13 pm

Isn't it amazing that your dog knows when you are hurt?
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 8:31 pm

Awwww...so cute! Love Appa! BTW, I found a project to keep you busy...one Appa pic a day post on here. Smile
Back to top Go down
taveraw
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 8:45 pm

Look into renting or buying a scooter. They are soooo much better than crutches. Best thing - you'd be able to go walk your husky!

See link for what I am talking about Smile A medical supply pharmacy should have them.
http://www.abilityscooters.com/Knee_Scooters.html
Back to top Go down
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 9:14 pm

Oh, you have no idea what I have cooking up. But trust me - I have no intentions of staying on crutches...
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 9:26 pm

rileyflorence wrote:
Oh, you have no idea what I have cooking up. But trust me - I have no intentions of staying on crutches...

They get old quick, huh? How are your hands holding up?

Back to top Go down
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 9:36 pm

Yeah, there's no reason a hurt foot should mean I can't use my hands. The solution I'm working on solves that problem. I might look bionic - but I'll have my hands back.

But seriously, this guy has no legs and he is more mobile than me, who merely has a hurt foot.
Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 2 Pistorius-1200

There's no reason someone with a hurt foot should be THAT much worse off than someone who has NO LEGS below the knee.

My left hand hates it. My right is fine.
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 9:37 pm

rileyflorence wrote:

I don't think I used crutches longer than maybe 2 hours when I busted my knee and broke my ankle. Claudia kept yelling at me for walking all over haha.
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 9:38 pm

But he doesn't have muscle and joint structure that may fatigue in a run. He's cheating.

...and I was thinking soapbox racer.
Back to top Go down
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 11:16 pm

Heather! wrote:

I don't think I used crutches longer than maybe 2 hours when I busted my knee and broke my ankle. Claudia kept yelling at me for walking all over haha.

If I apply any pressure to my foot in the state it's in currently I'll just squish my heel even further. Walking isn't even an option. It's not even a "it won't heal right if I walk on it." It's a "it won't ever heal at all."

The heel is thin-shelled, and soft on the inside. Any more pressure on it and it basic explode... Not risking that one!
Back to top Go down
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 9:42 pm

Took Appa to the dog park with my wife and happy to report he played. I guess he trusts her to protect me.

Tomorrow is the big day - I find out if I need surgery or not.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 10:00 pm

Good luck tomorrow, I hope you get a good report.

Back to top Go down
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 8:30 pm

Results are in: no surgery, I should retain full range of motion. I'm in a cast for 4 weeks, then I work on movement, THEN I can work on walking. I'll never be 100% - I'm not supposed to do anything high-impact, including jogging or running. But I can hike!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next