It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 8:39 pm

Aw man...so no more jumping off balconies??

Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 3 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 8:39 pm

Good news! Good luck! Smile That sucks that one injury prevents you from ever being 100% again! Sad

Now you need Appa to pull you around on a wagon...
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 8:43 pm

rileyflorence wrote:
I'll never be 100% - I'm not supposed to do anything high-impact, including jogging or running.

I'm glad that no surgery is needed, but I would so freak if they told me that I couldn't jog or run! Sad
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 8:44 pm

Congrats on no surgery! Hope you have a speedy recovery!
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 9:21 pm

Phew! That's oood news.
Glad no surgery is needed.
But it sounds like you will be able to skijor.
That's low impact.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 9:21 pm

hollywoodhuskies wrote:
That sucks that one injury prevents you from ever being 100% again! Sad .

Its crazy! You would think that if you heal, then you should be like before!
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 9:35 pm

That's awesome that you don't need surgery! Sucks about the jogging or running, I know how that one goes. Swimming is a pretty good alternative though, and at least you can still hike.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 3 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 12:59 am

26nikita wrote:
hollywoodhuskies wrote:
That sucks that one injury prevents you from ever being 100% again! Sad .

Its crazy! You would think that if you heal, then you should be like before!

I know all to well what one injury can do to your body, sucks big time!

Glad you don't have to go under to get it fixed, jogging is over rated anyways Wink

Teenager
Teenager
Erinc

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 9:54 am

Ah dude - glad you're gunna be OK!

I'm surprised no ones posted yet, but its bugging me so here goes!

I hope you heel up quick Wink
Back to top Go down
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

Male Join date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 10:25 pm

Update:

We're surviving over here. Appa is going to the dog park more than he ever has before in his life, so I don't think he's complaining. However, it's sad that he doesn't even TRY to get me to take him out or to go play with him anymore. He has learned I'm pretty useless in that department.

I've already gone through the whole cast phase, and now i'm in "regaining motion" phase in my foot. All signs are looking good, there's no pain, and the Doc said everything was healing really well.

I had my first Physical Therapy session on Monday and it went smoothly. My PT met with my Doc and they decided that I can drop the boot when I start weight-bearing on Oct 15th based on the most recent x-rays. I'm super excited about that - particularly sleeping without a boot or cast on. Ohhhh mamma.

The schedule:
Oct 15th - normal shoes, 25% body weight
Oct 22 - 50% body weight
Oct 29 - 75% body weight, single crutch.
Nov 5 - 100% body weight, no crutches

I can't wait to see what it feels like to put my foot on the ground ... it's been too long.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 10:43 pm

rileyflorence wrote:

I can't wait to see what it feels like to put my foot on the ground ... it's been too long.

It's going to hurt a lot at first, since you've been off it so long. It'll be this weird sort of pins and needles feeling, but it will go away after a day or 2.

Glad to hear things are healing up so well, and good luck with your PT. Those people are absolute sadists, but they really do know what they're doing (the civilians anyway, I don't hold much stock anymore in military PT). I guarantee, you'll get some of the best sleep of your life the first night that boot comes off. It's glorious. Honestly, I gave up trying to sleep in a bed with a boot or cast on, the couch is just easier and more comfortable at that point.

Good luck with the recovery, and I hope it continues to go smoothly!

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 3 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 5:02 pm

Good luck with your recovery!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 5:35 pm

been wondering how your doing! glad its healing up for you, and just keep on track and dont try to push it at first! keep us posted. im sure appa with realize when your back on your feet, has his and sydnies bond gotten stronger?

Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 9:48 pm

Thanks guys. As for Sydnie and Appa having a stronger bond? Nah - they're already best buds. She stays home with him every day and takes him on at least one of his walks solo, even when I could walk. They're buds, I'm in charge. When he wants to play he would almost always go to her anyway. I don't think our relationship has changed much other than he gets super protective of me at times.
Back to top Go down
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 2:29 am

Thought I'd update here. Been walking for ... 3 weeks now. It's. Weird. Working on strengthening my foot and leg. Regaining balance. Thickening the bone density in my foot. All that jazz.

My gait is still a little off, I still don't have the muscle strength to stand on my toes on that foot so I can't roll up onto my toes before putting my other foot down. It's not too noticeable anymore, but it's frustrating. Much extra weight (like if I'm carrying something) feels weird, so I avoid that for now. Appa and I have started walking together again, at first he was a total jerk. Now he's learned that I simply cannot tolerate any kind of pulling - he usually treats me right now. I can walk for about 20-30 minutes before I feel pooped. My doctor expects me to be snowshoeing before the end of the winter so I'm pretty excited about that prospect.

Pain has been small to none, aside from a mishap on my part. I'm looking forward to being normal...

Appa has become extra cuddly with me, I really think he's missed our walks. He didn't act different without them, but now that we are walking again it's like he's become more attached. I'm assuming it will wear off when the novelty of our walks wears off.
Back to top Go down
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 2:35 am

See. Cuddly. This is so rare it's insane. He just saddled right up and plopped down.

Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 3 Cuddly10
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 2:45 am

Sweet... Glad to see you back on your feet so to speak Riley Smile

was thinking about the "incident" the other day.

Great to see you making progress and the picture is priceless Smile

Hopefully you get back there!!! Take it slow and do it right... Either way glad you checked in and very happy you're getting better.

~Chris~

Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 3:15 am

Oh Appa, such a love. Glad things are improving Riley!
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 3:56 am

Glad you are better, Riley.
I've been wondering how you were doing.
Snow is on its way and you'll be shoeing with Appa in no time.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 10:12 am

rileyflorence wrote:
See. Cuddly. This is so rare it's insane. He just saddled right up and plopped down.

Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 3 Cuddly10

My goodness I love the Malamute blanket you have.

Great picture!
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 11:01 am

Great news to hear you are getting better.. I love your blanket. Take care of yourself.
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 8:49 pm

Gorgeous dog, how big is Appa?
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 9:11 pm

I need more Appa in my life. Come back, Riley, preferably with an abudance of photos. I was thinking of Appa when I was running my dogs yesterday and shouting "yip yip!" Laughing
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 9:17 pm

Heather! wrote:
I need more Appa in my life. Come back, Riley, preferably with an abudance of photos. I was thinking of Appa when I was running my dogs yesterday and shouting "yip yip!" Laughing
i agree, i need more appa as well, not that i don't miss you Riley but your no Appa lol! that is a great picture.

glad to hear your back up and moving, i just passed my 2yr mark on my wrist and i really think its almost back to normal! it can be a slow road but any improvement is better then none, even if it is slow.

Adult
Adult
Ghost

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 9:33 pm

I'm glad you are getting better. Love the photo!
Back to top Go down
http://www.companionanimalpsychology.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking   Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Updated Nov 23 : That + This = Sydnie does all the dog walking

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next