It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

What crate to get?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

What crate to get? Empty
PostSubject: What crate to get?   What crate to get? EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 5:02 pm

Hey guys!! Ok i need to order a crate within the next few weeks of amazon in order to get it in time for my pup.. Ive been looking. And im not sure what to buy.. Idk good brands? That a husky wont break.. That is safe for a husky.. And big enough when he is fully grown.. I know i dont want a plastic one.. I also would like to have one with one of those dividers for when he is a pup.. So anyone get any suggestions??
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

What crate to get? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What crate to get?   What crate to get? EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 5:12 pm

I like the metal pan ones honestly, they have a lip that will hold any mess in and they can't chew them up. I have this one

http://www.amazon.com/Three-Doors-Folding-Kennel-Divider/dp/B0031YT4K4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1354216338&sr=8-3&keywords=blue+dog+crate+with+metal+pan

Its brand is Best Pet. I have blue one for steve, and a pink one for cali. Steve's came with divider in it, Cali's didn't but I found it on craigslist

Last edited by kevo on Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Garebear
Teenager
Teenager
Garebear

Male Join date : 2012-10-25

What crate to get? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What crate to get?   What crate to get? EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 5:13 pm

I got one off of ebay. It's made by Champion Dog I believe is the name of the company. It was like $55 for a huge crate with a divider, I think it's a 42" crate? I haven't used it yet since I bought a small crate from walmart to use for a little while, which Nikko still fits, but I know there are a few people on here who bought the Champion crate
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

What crate to get? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What crate to get?   What crate to get? EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 5:18 pm

kevo wrote:
I like the metal pan ones honestly, they have a lip that will hold any mess in and they can't chew them up. I have this one

http://www.amazon.com/Three-Doors-Folding-Kennel-Divider/dp/B0031YT4K4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1354216338&sr=8-3&keywords=blue+dog+crate+with+metal+pan

Its brand is Best Pet. I have blue one for steve, and a pink one for cali. Steve's came with divider in it, Cali's didn't but I found it on craigslist

I might have to get that blue one now! and the pink one for Yuki if I can find it xD
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

What crate to get? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What crate to get?   What crate to get? EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 5:21 pm

Just do a search on amazon for pink crate, they are out there. I like them, the latches on the crates are better to keep the dogs in, Mika could open the standard crate, but not one of these.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

What crate to get? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What crate to get?   What crate to get? EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 5:28 pm

Yup I did, I think I'll end up going with black after all, but I'm gonna get that same brand with the 48" three doors ^-^
Back to top Go down
calliegirl08
Teenager
Teenager
calliegirl08

Female Join date : 2012-09-05

What crate to get? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What crate to get?   What crate to get? EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 5:41 pm

I've got the Champion one in big, bright pink. It's huge and yes, it does come with the divider. Also ships free. I think mine came really quick too. Like 3 days maybe.
Back to top Go down
Kodasmomma
Newborn
Newborn

Male Join date : 2012-11-23

What crate to get? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What crate to get?   What crate to get? EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:20 pm

I saw this thread and I was 100% sure you started it. I was right hahahaha Koda wants one that will match his new blankie I'm making him Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

What crate to get? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What crate to get?   What crate to get? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 1:48 pm

Ok so i got my crate.. Its a 48" champion with metal pan.. It arrived really quick which i was happy with but had a decent size dent and bend in the pan.. But still usable.. I emailed seller and he is giving me $25 back.. I only payes 69 with shipping so with 25 back i cant beat the price for that big of a crate for 44.. I wish it came with a divider though.. But i already have a idea on how to make my own..
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

What crate to get? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What crate to get?   What crate to get? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 3:57 pm

Eric, do you need one? I have a divider for one of those crates I don't use. Send me a PM if you do
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

What crate to get? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What crate to get?   What crate to get? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 4:02 pm

Thank you soo much! But i already started working on a makshift one that i think will work fine.. But if i have problems with that one ill send you a PM.. Thank again so much!
Back to top Go down
Kodasmomma
Newborn
Newborn

Male Join date : 2012-11-23

What crate to get? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What crate to get?   What crate to get? EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 12:45 am

That's a bummer that the crate had a dent in it---but awesome that they are giving you a partial refund.
How do you plan on making one? I'm intrigued!
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

What crate to get? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What crate to get?   What crate to get? EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 1:14 am

Eric if you have a Fleet Farm or Farm and Fleet near you they sell the pans there.
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

What crate to get? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What crate to get?   What crate to get? EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 1:19 am

Just something quick simple and would work, not realy pretty but.. Kind of hard to explain but ill try.. I will put 2x4 down between the wires from top to the bottom of the pan where i want the cage to but cut off at.. Then from the side ill will stick 1 2x4 in front of the 2x4s i put in fr the top and 1 behind.. So the vertical ones one slide around.. Like i said nothing pretty but should work and easy to chanage if i need to make it bigger.
Back to top Go down
gocavs627
Puppy
Puppy
gocavs627

Female Join date : 2012-10-18

What crate to get? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What crate to get?   What crate to get? EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 2:00 am

http://www.amazon.com/Midwest-Life-Stages-Single-Door-Folding/dp/B00063MQJ4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355198281&sr=8-1&keywords=journey+dog+crates

We have one of these for each dog. It comes with the divider. The tray is plastic, but they haven't tried to chew on it or anything. They can stretch out and contort themselves however they want, these things are big enough that I can get in there with them if I wanted. The tray comes out easily for cleaning, but has a latch on it so the dog can't slide it out. It folds down very easy and I haven't had them escape, or even get close to it.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

What crate to get? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What crate to get?   What crate to get? EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 2:51 am

I have the same was as Toni for Zoey, we've never had any issues with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What crate to get? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What crate to get?   What crate to get? Empty

Back to top Go down

What crate to get?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1