It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 12:14 am

I totally just read through the entire beginning of this thread...brought back a lot of memories!

I remember the surprise and excitement at being told I should get a puppy from this litter (as my original prospect was about a year or two out).  I remember the agony of holding it in and not telling people I was getting a puppy.  The going back and forth on what puppy I wanted, not knowing until literally like a week before we were to leave.  The excitement of going out there.  Of course the puppy pictures!  Seems like it was forever ago and it is hard to believe that she will be 10 months old this week!

In about 27 days Mechta has her very first show in Philadelphia!  We're trying very hard to prepare her for it.  It is a benched show so we will be there all morning and into the afternoon (Dogs can't leave the building until after 3:30pm Sunday).  If anyone will be in the area on the 17th pick up some tickets and come check us out!

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 Edit11
After she had a bath!

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 Edit410

Some pictures of Bella and her:
Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 Edit610

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 Edit710

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 Edit810

Mechta and Sage

Boreayl's Dare to Dream "Mechta"
Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 1378791_10202205569007796_286816926_n

Boreayl's Wild Sage "Sage"
Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 1383701_10202205607448757_1727674554_n

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 12:29 am

Awhh, good luck on your first show! I always love seeing pictures of Mechta!
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 12:33 am

She's growing up to be quite beautiful. Good luck on your first show! Smile
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 12:34 am

Gorgeous! See you there. Smile
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 11:34 am

She's gorgeous! Good luck on your first show!
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 2:39 am

Thank you for all of the well wishes on her first show!!!  

So I completely forgot to post pictures of Dizzy's visit!  God I'm such a doorknob.  I just hardly have any time between work and family.  So I will post some!

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 Edit14
My favorite picture of all time.

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 Edit612
Dizzy (kind of) all stacked up.  He just wasn't in a great mood to want to cooperate.

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 Edit511
Getting the stick!

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 Edit711
headshot

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 Edit910
Running!

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 Edit1012
Bella and all of her gracefulness.

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 Edit1510
Dizzy, however, is not quite as graceful.

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 Edit1610
All three!

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 Edit1910
A scene out of The Lion King!

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 Edit2310
She's a pretty mean looking dog sometimes.

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 Edit2110
Because I absolutely love the contrast of Dizzy and the fall leaves on the trees.

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 Edit2810
Pretty good picture of the variation in color alone I think in just three dogs!  Also, I like the picture with the color of the tree and dog butts.

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 Edit3411
A (bad) comparison (because Diz didn't want to stack!) between two dogs from vastly different breeding programs.

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 Edit3010
Self explanatory.

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 Eidt1810

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 14255910
Had this pretty nifty crate sign made. I really like it Smile.

These two were taken earlier this week - a practice groom for her show Sunday.
Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 Edit210

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 Edit110
I present to you: Boreayl's Dare to Dream

The count is up for Sunday.  68 entered.  

12-32(13-7)4
Regular class dogs, regular class bitches (best of breed dogs-bitches) Non regular class dogs-bitches

Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 4:31 am

Good luck, dear!!! I'll be rooting for you and miss Mechta!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 9:25 am

Goodluck!! Mechta is my favorite red! And i hope she does awsome!!!! That "lion king picture" thats exactly what i thought too!! Lol! When koda plays at the dog park and they play like that i always say this reminds me of the lion king! Lol
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 10:05 am

She will do great! My mom and I will see you there. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 10:30 am

Just curious.. What are you expexting from the judges since she is so unique for a husky? I dont know much about dog shows but do you think they will be in shock? Unsure? Or what are you expecting going into it?
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 2:56 pm

Sheba&Kennedy wrote:
Good luck, dear!!! I'll be rooting for you and miss Mechta!!
Thank you Smile We'll need all the cheers we can get!

wpskier222 wrote:
She will do great! My mom and I will see you there. Smile
Totally looking forward to meeting your mom and seeing you!

Ericobeasto wrote:
Just curious.. What are you expexting from the judges since she is so unique for a husky? I dont know much about dog shows but do you think they will be in shock? Unsure? Or what are you expecting going into it?
Expectations? None. Zero. Zilch. This show (while it is a huge show) is purely for fun for her. To bring her out, put her in the ring and make it a fun experience so she likes it. The other benefit is that it will show a lot of people (I'm talking several, several hundred or thousand) a much different Siberian Husky than what they are use to or what is "acceptable" by political or popular standards.

As far as the judge is concerned: The judge is new to judging the breed so I expect her to look at Mechta like she has 3 heads (though I want to be pleasantly surprised and say she knows the standard and won't look at her like that).

Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 3:11 pm

I think its awsome that your bringing this unique look of a husky into the ring! Im excited for you! And i cant wait to hear how the people and the judges react to her. And in your eyes if she had fun!!! Which im sure she will! And im sure she will get a lot of attention!!
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 3:25 pm

Ericobeasto wrote:
I think its awsome that your bringing this unique look of a husky into the ring! Im excited for you! And i cant wait to hear how the people and the judges react to her. And in your eyes if she had fun!!! Which im sure she will! And im sure she will get a lot of attention!!
I've gone with Ceara to a couple shows when she brought Mech for socialization. The reactions from fellow Siberian people (that I've noticed in my limited experience with her) tend to be one of two ways. Some don't even recognize her as a sibe, although that seems to be happening less as her face is looking more "huskish" and less puppish. Others will tentatively approach and ask if she's a sibe and then fawn all over her (I'm in the fawning camp lol). She looks gorgeous in pix, but they don't do her justice, her coat in the sun is really fabulous. I really can't wait to see how she does. I'm hoping a judge new to judging the breed will have done some research and know the standard, but we'll see. Either way, Mech is going to be the most talked about dog in the show. Smile
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 4:09 pm

just catching up, LOVE the newer pics, they are all having a blast. and good luck at the show! cant wait to hear how she does.

Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 2:20 am

Thanks Jennifer!! Smile I'm sure I'll make a post complaining about how awful she was (in my eyes)! But hopefully it will all be in good fun for her.

Back to top Go down
dahowlers
Adult
Adult
dahowlers

Female Join date : 2012-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 1:23 am

What color is she considered? I don't know what it'd be called for a husky but she looks like a red tri-color to me. I absolutely love love love how vibrant she is! She's such a gorgeous shade.
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 5:39 am

She is just a red and white. Genetically she is a dominant black (just that she is red).

I can't post the pictures at the moment - but mechta took second in her class (it was only her and one other bitch). I am beyond thrilled and extremely proud of her! She had a blast and the experience was very fun! I couldn't ask for better results!!

All of the spectators loved her. We even had a line formed several times at my growing table of people wanting to see her/pet her/ask questions!

Overall a very successful first show!

Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 6:34 am

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 1456062_510767589031406_1143692047_n

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 1465310_510767602364738_567793049_n

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 1468674_510767595698072_193026357_n

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 1003948_510593502382148_1383678796_n

Back to top Go down
dahowlers
Adult
Adult
dahowlers

Female Join date : 2012-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 11:46 am

Ooh, okay. It looks kinda like she has a slight mask and lighter legs so I wasn't sure. Congrats though!
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 12:11 pm

Shes a red/white with a dark face

Back to top Go down
Kellyb
Canadian Sunrise
Kellyb

Female Join date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 12:20 pm

Good job Mechta!!!
(and Ceara of course!!)
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 1:50 pm

Thank you! Smile Ceara didnt do anything :Dlol was all Mechta and my friend Jackie!

And my other friend Katie and Jen of course who helped to maintain the wild child!

Back to top Go down
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

Female Join date : 2013-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 2:15 pm

yay! Congrats to you and Mechta!!!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 7:19 pm

good news, congrats! glad it was a great first time for her!

Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 9:27 pm

Thanks Jen! The first time had to be a great experience because it sets her up for success in the future!

In terms of photography though..she will definitely be a dog that photographs better outside than she ever will indoors at shows. Unless the show has like...uber high powered spot lights to follow her around lol.

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 Edit15
Because Awwwwwwwwwww

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 Edit16
11 month old free stack.

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 Edit211
Eye

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next