|Husky of the Month|
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Thanks to all for this month's entries!
|1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.|
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Our current rescue spotlight is:|
Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!
[Scrapbook] Link the Siberian Husky
Join date : 2013-02-05
Location : seattle, wa
|Subject: Re: [Scrapbook] Link the Siberian Husky Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:39 pm|| |
- @amymeme wrote:
- Great picture, Jeff. Glad to see you are back.
So what are the various hats Sir Link is wearing these days?
Sniff, sniff - he looks all grown up, too
he is indeed all grown up. 54 pounds and 2.5 y.o.
He's doing a lot of pulling these days, whether it's me in skates or carts. Which is awesome. He's also helping me with client dogs, which is perfect because his personality is very intense and assertive and confident and often cocky so he allows me to see a dog's true colors. That said, he also spends a lot of time in public with me doing absolutely nothing, watching the world move around him, quietly and passively and unengaged. ..which was a TON of work on both our parts to accomplish.
So basically, he's being quite versatile in his engagement to me and our life, which is awesome because that means I can take him anywhere and have control over his energy and his level of interaction. What I expect from him, training wise, is nearly polar opposite of his default personality, so working on versatility was a huge bonding experience for us both and a great accomplishment that we can now both benefit from.
He's much more of a trained dog these days than just a Husky, that's for sure. But he's learned the benefit of that versatility, so it's really nice.
And now.....he's a chess knight, as well, haha
Join date : 2014-08-18
Location : Terlingua, Texas
|Subject: Re: [Scrapbook] Link the Siberian Husky Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:31 am|| |
- @wpskier222 wrote:
- I believe Link is filling the role of the knight. Hence, one king.
Jeeze, I played tournament chess while in school and service. I know where he was setting, can't I even have a little fun???
I have to admit that it did throw me for a second with the pawn setting off-side the rook ....
“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”
[Scrapbook] Link the Siberian Husky
|» New Puppy! Kavik and Tulok's Scrapbook (Tulok starts page 4) updated 9/23/20 |
by Kavik_the_Havoc Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:37 pm
» Critical Neighbours
by Lostmaniac Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:29 pm
» Apollo won’t stop growing!!
by Liv_Skye Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:07 am
» Apollo Scrap book
by Liv_Skye Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:55 am
» Bunny's Scrapbook <3
by HuskyMomma89 Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:22 pm
» Storm scrap book.
by Liv_Skye Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:56 pm
» Agouti owners?
by HuskyMomma89 Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:08 pm
» Help with separation anxiety and urination
by TwisterII Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:11 pm
» The complexities of Diabetes
by TwisterII Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:06 pm
» Bears....... stupid useless dogs
by Lostmaniac Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:17 pm
» Will my husky be wooly or plush?
by TwisterII Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:05 pm
» Leo's Scrapbook
by Lostmaniac Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:14 pm
» Why does he hate when I do this?!
by dinf22 Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:26 am
» Huskies of It's a Husky Thing
by Lostmaniac Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:42 pm
» Beginner Gardener
by Lostmaniac Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:31 pm
» Best fence for a husky
by Liv_Skye Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:15 am
» The Desert Pack
by Lostmaniac Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:49 pm
» My First Post.
by Liv_Skye Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:20 pm
» Husky ears
by amymeme Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:31 pm
» Nina's Scrapbook
by Liv_Skye Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:35 am