|Husky of the Month|
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Thanks to all for this month's entries!
|1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.|
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Our current rescue spotlight is:|
Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!
[Scrapbook] Link the Siberian Husky
Join date : 2013-02-05
Location : seattle, wa
|Subject: Re: [Scrapbook] Link the Siberian Husky Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:39 pm|| |
- @amymeme wrote:
- Great picture, Jeff. Glad to see you are back.
So what are the various hats Sir Link is wearing these days?
Sniff, sniff - he looks all grown up, too
he is indeed all grown up. 54 pounds and 2.5 y.o.
He's doing a lot of pulling these days, whether it's me in skates or carts. Which is awesome. He's also helping me with client dogs, which is perfect because his personality is very intense and assertive and confident and often cocky so he allows me to see a dog's true colors. That said, he also spends a lot of time in public with me doing absolutely nothing, watching the world move around him, quietly and passively and unengaged. ..which was a TON of work on both our parts to accomplish.
So basically, he's being quite versatile in his engagement to me and our life, which is awesome because that means I can take him anywhere and have control over his energy and his level of interaction. What I expect from him, training wise, is nearly polar opposite of his default personality, so working on versatility was a huge bonding experience for us both and a great accomplishment that we can now both benefit from.
He's much more of a trained dog these days than just a Husky, that's for sure. But he's learned the benefit of that versatility, so it's really nice.
And now.....he's a chess knight, as well, haha
Join date : 2014-08-18
Location : Terlingua, Texas
|Subject: Re: [Scrapbook] Link the Siberian Husky Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:31 am|| |
- @wpskier222 wrote:
- I believe Link is filling the role of the knight. Hence, one king.
Jeeze, I played tournament chess while in school and service. I know where he was setting, can't I even have a little fun???
I have to admit that it did throw me for a second with the pawn setting off-side the rook ....
“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”
[Scrapbook] Link the Siberian Husky
|» Systemic Marking|
by aljones Today at 8:22 pm
» Way more stressful then I thought!
by aljones Today at 2:09 pm
» 2 year old Husky has mouth sores and patch on leg
by amymeme Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:49 pm
» Max and Mika's scrapbook
by amymeme Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:52 pm
» Aggressive 8 week old puppy
by aljones Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:32 pm
» Rest In Peace Bodhi
by Windfishin Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:22 pm
» Apollo Scrap book
by Liv_Skye Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:18 pm
» Storm scrap book.
by aljones Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:42 pm
» Bolt Scrap Book
by Liv_Skye Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:14 pm
» The Desert Pack
by aljones Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:35 pm
» Dry Eye in Huskies
by jbealer Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:52 pm
» Fur loss... and it's not only seasonal
by amymeme Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:58 pm
» Recall Information
by aljones Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:36 pm
» Please...we need advice when it’s time to euthanize our sweet guy
by mav1016 Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:59 pm
» Memories of Sasha RIP
by jbealer Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:40 pm
» In Memory of Raven
by jalepeno Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:36 pm
» are puppies purebred?
by Sara668 Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:34 am
» Which breeder? Karnovanda or Snowmist?
by sibmom Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:42 pm
» Leo's Scrapbook
by RedFlashFire05 Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:06 pm
» Cruciate ligament
by hush Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:58 pm