It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

What has your Husky eaten lately?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 10:13 am

jbealer wrote:
Dee&Frankie wrote:
I seriously don't know how this dog does it.

Within 5 minutes, Frankie managed to get the entire roll of toilet paper off of the holder that is secure on the wall, get the cardboard roll out of the center with mild damage to the paper, and eat the entire cardboard roll.

When I walked out into the living room, he took off and hid before I even realized what he had done. Crazy dog.

what a smart boy Rolling Eyes wonder how he did that! and they always know when they have been bad!

lol! oh they definitely know when they've been bad! Frakie is one talented doggie to get the roll out!

I wanted to kick Mya's a$$ the night before last. I spent 20-30min seasoning and forming yummy chicken burgers to put on the grill. I put pan on top of the stove, stepped away for I swear less than a minute to throw out the trash and she ate them ALL! She came out of the kitchen all suspicious looking and yep gone! Mind you she was laying on the couch half asleep before I went out. I had specifically put Kody in the cage b/c I knew he try to get them, but didn't expect that from Mya!

They had red pepper flakes in them too...thank goodness that didn't mess up her tummy!
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 11:30 am

Yesterday, a slug.
Then he spent the next five minutes pawing at his face, probably because the slug anesthetized his tongue.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 10:06 pm

Lets see, a leaf, a stick, cat fur, cat food and a nickel. I watch her like a hawk so I got all of them out of her mouth before she swallowed any of it. This is just todays list and I have only been home for 2 hours.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 9:09 am

26nikita wrote:
Lets see, a leaf, a stick, cat fur, cat food and a nickel. I watch her like a hawk so I got all of them out of her mouth before she swallowed any of it. This is just todays list and I have only been home for 2 hours.
lol! Sounds JUST LIKE KODY!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 8:54 pm

I really, really hope she grows out of it. I hope your Kody does as well. It will make our lives much easier!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 10:32 am

AMEN TO THAT! Especially on his walks. AHHHHHHH he picks up EVERYTHING!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 7:35 pm

Don't count on it too much! Our sibe picks up and eats just about anything on our walks. *sigh* Honestly, I am amazed that he hasn't had a blockage by now. And he'll be 6 in September so if he hasn't grown out of it by now, I don't think he's going to! Just another perk of having a husky. Rolling Eyes

Adult
Adult
Dee&Frankie

Female Join date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 8:05 pm

It's amazing how much crap they can eat, yet have such sensitive tummies with actual edible stuff. Oh yes, so many perks.........But man do I love this dog I love you
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 8:55 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
Don't count on it too much! Our sibe picks up and eats just about anything on our walks. *sigh* Honestly, I am amazed that he hasn't had a blockage by now. And he'll be 6 in September so if he hasn't grown out of it by now, I don't think he's going to! Just another perk of having a husky. Rolling Eyes

Darn! I was hoping it was a puppy thing. My biggest worry is the blockage possibility. I guess she will just be keeping me on my toes. Atleast Dakota doesn't have this bad habit. It would be much harder if I had two that were vacuums.
Back to top Go down
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 4 EmptySun May 01, 2011 12:49 am

26nikita wrote:
Darn! I was hoping it was a puppy thing.

I had the same hope! Oh well. Mine pick up all sorts of nasty foods that the local college kids throw out. One time they started eating a pile of vomit. pale Bread seems to be the number one thing that they seem to get their mouths on. Or gum, thats Kitty's personal favorite. Razz As much as I hate them eating things, this spring we have had an issue with broken glass all over the place in almost every area I try to walk in. Now not only do I have to worry about an upset tummy from eating moldy bread, but I have to worry about them avoiding the glass too!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 4 EmptySun May 01, 2011 4:22 am

Definitely doesn't go away because Mya still picks stuff up. Her favorites are dirty napkins and food. Pizza specifically..lol. But Kody....oh Kody! He spends his entire walks sniffing and trying to find crap to pick up. I get so mad at him! I try to keep my cool and correct him quietly, but it's SO HARD!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 4 EmptySun May 01, 2011 10:16 am

Lu&Katsmom wrote:
26nikita wrote:
Darn! I was hoping it was a puppy thing.

I had the same hope! Oh well. Mine pick up all sorts of nasty foods that the local college kids throw out. One time they started eating a pile of vomit. pale Bread seems to be the number one thing that they seem to get their mouths on. Or gum, thats Kitty's personal favorite. Razz As much as I hate them eating things, this spring we have had an issue with broken glass all over the place in almost every area I try to walk in. Now not only do I have to worry about an upset tummy from eating moldy bread, but I have to worry about them avoiding the glass too!
We have the same issue but its middle school kids leaving food all over and we have broken glass every where as well it makes me SO mad! Sierra is 8 and she finds EVERYTHING you can think of to try to eat on our walks food, paper wrapers, and yes we have had a run in or two of puke Razz this girl keeps me on my toes!

Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 4 EmptySun May 01, 2011 1:09 pm

I'm a block from main street and a block and a half from a bar so I find lots of broken beer bottles. I never understood why people think it is ok to throw litter on the ground, especially when there are trash cans all along main street to throw it in. It's a shame.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 4 EmptySun May 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Just wormed Biko again as this past winter he had this thing about eating every piece of deer and/or rabbit crap when we were out walking. Thankfully lately he seems to have discontinued this habit.
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 7:49 pm

Yesterday, a moth, right out of the air.
Today, coyote poop.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 10:03 pm

My 2 didn't eat it, but....they managed to catch a squirrel this morning.

Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 10:48 pm

cmanding wrote:
My 2 didn't eat it, but....they managed to catch a squirrel this morning.

Did it survive the catch? Dakota has caught a bunny before and I thought for sure it was a goner but he didn't kill it, he just wanted to play with it.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 4 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 12:01 am

It ran back up the tree after they let it got, but hubby found it the grass below the tree,m dead.

Adult
Adult
Muddy~Mira

Female Join date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 4 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 11:11 am

Mine Have been Angels !!!!!~
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 4 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 8:49 pm

Muddy~Mira wrote:
Mine Have been Angels !!!!!~

Show off! Very Happy

Today was a dime... She is literally costing me more money each day!
Back to top Go down
SiberianHuskySibhee
Puppy
Puppy

Female Join date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 4 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 3:04 pm

I have the same problem here. My Sibhee would destroy my appliances. I'm not mad because I know that Huskies are a little hard headed at times but I'm afraid because she might get electrocuted when she destroy a plug in appliances such as the radio.
Back to top Go down
Dee&Frankie
Adult
Adult
Dee&Frankie

Female Join date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 4 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 3:07 pm

I love my dogs, I love my dogs, I love my dogs......with that being said, I could KILL my dogs right now!!

This morning they chewed up a ruler sized paper cutter. The blade to the paper cutter is no where to be found affraid Found all of the other pieces, except the blade.
My mom took both dogs to the vet immediately, since we couldn't be sure which dog did it (but chances are it was Frankie). They needed to be sedated and xrayed.

Finally got a call from the vet saying that they are both clear......THANK GOODNESS! Although I was sure they would at least find something else floating around, lol.
What a way to start my day, but at least they are ok and no sharp razor blades going through their system. Now they need to survive coming home to me Wink
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 4 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 3:11 pm

Yesterday, a Mother's Day present my wife got for her mother.
It was a clay heart inside some kind of sachet.
She brought in the house and put it on a chair.
I don't blame him; it was pretty fragrant.

Today, he ate some licorice jelly beans, aka "goat scat."
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 4 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 5:12 pm

Uhhhmmmmm... yeah.

What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 4 IMG_20110505_131525
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 4 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 5:19 pm

so who "drank it" eddy? whats vodka doing in a plastic bottle anyways?...
im gonna have some cherry vodka and 7up monday...

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

What has your Husky eaten lately?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next