It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16**

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Female Join date : 2013-09-24

Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16**   Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 6:18 pm

ccurran07 wrote:
Her sister LOVES her tennis ball
Layla loves her ball so much she's started pulling off and trying to eat the fuzz! Now I'm watching closely to make sure she doesn't swallow it and get little red and blue pieces all over the floor, haha.

Rocio_Caballero wrote:
Oh my, that little white heart on her forehead is too cute!
We fell in love with it too when we first saw her! I just love her unique markings. Smile
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16**   Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 10:24 am

I've been lagging on uploading photos, but here are some more! One of these is also in her 52-weeks album.

My husband caught her in a cute position this morning ...
Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 Layla_18

Yesterday was the first time she actually went on her bed and laid down for a nap BY HERSELF! I had to hold myself back from jumping up and down and cheering because I didn't want her to get up!
Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 Layla_19

From her 52-week scrapbook, posing with her new toy from graduating from puppy class:
Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 Layla_20
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16**   Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 12:37 pm

Layla saw her first snow today. It started melting later in the morning so I ran out with her to get these! Pics or it didn't happen, right? Wink

Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 Layla_22

Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 Layla_23

Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 Layla_24

Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 Layla_25

Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 Layla_26
Back to top Go down
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

Female Join date : 2013-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16**   Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 12:57 pm

So cute! These are what Siku's first "snow" pictures looked like too cause the first one was just a dusting, but it counts!

She looks like she is already waiting for more!
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16**   Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 10:55 pm

It was so nice out today that we took Layla on a little hike at Great Brook Farm State Park in Carlisle, Mass., just a few minutes from us. It was a new place we hadn't been to before. There are miles and miles of trails and we went on just a short one around a lake. Layla got to meet two people on horseback, the first time she'd ever seen horses!

On the trail
Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 Layal_10

Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 Layla_27

Taking a little break
Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 Layla_28

Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 Layla_29

Sleepy puppy!
Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 Layla_31

Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 Layla_30

Back at home, my husband took a photo of me holding Layla, who was sticking her little feets out
Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 Layla_32

Also, I bought myself an early birthday present because they were having a sale: a husky SpiritHood! Check it out: Husky SpiritHood It's backordered so it won't ship until Dec. 10, two days before my birthday. I'll have to take a pic with it on when it arrives!
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16**   Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 10:57 pm

Yay for hiking, hikes are so much fun Very Happy and yeah I've been dying for one of those spirit hoods but $99 is a little out of my price range right now. Just cause of Links x-rays and my car breaking down and ugh. 2013 hated me. But thinking for my birthday in Feb for sure >:] congrats on yours!!
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16**   Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 11:01 pm

Megan, I got mine for less because they had a Black Friday sale only today. Enter in the code "FRIDAYSPIRIT" and you get 29% off. I saved about $20, including shipping costs. But, yeah, I hear you about vet bills, car repair bills, etc. I don't normally splurge and don't normally buy a lot of stuff to begin with but saw the sale and saw they had a husky hood and I couldn't resist! Hope you can get one soon!
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

Male Join date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16**   Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 11:02 pm

Very nice pictures, but why is puppy so big now? D:
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16**   Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 11:02 pm

capellalayla wrote:
Megan, I got mine for less because they had a Black Friday sale only today. Enter in the code "FRIDAYSPIRIT" and you get 29% off. I saved about $20, including shipping costs. But, yeah, I hear you about vet bills, car repair bills, etc. I don't normally splurge and don't normally buy a lot of stuff to begin with but saw the sale and saw they had a husky hood and I couldn't resist! Hope you can get one soon!
That is a good deal, actually. How much was it total after shipping?
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16**   Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 11:05 pm

AMB wrote:
Very nice pictures, but why is puppy so big now?
D:
I know! On one hand I like that she's getting bigger because that means we're that much closer to letting her go on longer hikes and start pulling, but on the other hand I love having a smaller little fuzzball I can hold in my arms and snuggle!

Mobezilla wrote:

capellalayla wrote:
That is a good deal, actually. How much was it total after shipping?
Total was $77.79 after shipping.
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

Male Join date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16**   Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 11:33 pm

Yeah it's really a sad thing, they need to be both big and small at the same time. Stupid paradox. >:c
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16**   Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 11:43 pm

"Thank you for ordering with us!"

Youuuu....although I regret nothing.. I am going to love the husky spirit hood Smile
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16**   Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 11:45 pm

Yay!!! Congrats! We need to take pics of ourselves wearing them and combine them somehow, haha!
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16**   Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 11:47 pm

I wonder if we'll get them around the same time since they'll both ship Dec 10th?
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16**   Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 11:48 pm

I would think so, though yours may arrive a day or so earlier since you're a little closer to L.A. than I am. Razz But, yes, mine is also due to ship Dec. 10. I can't wait for both of ours to arrive!
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16**   Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 11:51 pm

AMB wrote:
Yeah it's really a sad thing, they need to be both big and small at the same time. Stupid paradox. >:c
It is pretty funny to look at how small Layla looks next to the adult huskies, though. It's somewhat of a relief to know she's still got a lot of growing to do! Smile
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16**   Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 2:31 pm

We took Layla to a meetup with three other families in the Boston Snow Dogs Meetup group this morning. We all braved the slick ice on the roads and went for a little hike in Groton, Mass. It started raining and was icy so unfortunately no one got to bike, but it was fun hiking all together, Layla's first time walking with a "pack." She did great!

One of the dogs, Ariel, just a few weeks older than Layla, came from Kiana Siberians. We had originally wanted her when we were looking for a pup but her family had visited first and put a deposit down. Small world! Glad to see she's doing well and is part of a nice family!

Photos are all courtesy of Nancy Garrett, event organizer.
Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 Highre10

This photo makes Layla look so much bigger than she really is compared to the older dogs, haha. Ariel is the smaller gray pup in the back with her head turned away. Diesel (the only male at this meetup) is in the foreground on the left, and Meeka from Plymouth, Mass., is saying hi to Ariel on the left in the back.
Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 Highre11

Layla walking with Meeka
Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 Highre12
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16**   Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 2:42 pm

She's growing up so fast! Haha, she's so cute.
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16**   Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 3:12 pm

Thanks! She is getting big but when you put her up against the older dogs -- even Ariel, who's only three or four weeks older -- she still looks tiny, haha! I'm sure she'll be huge soon enough, though. We're cherishing every moment with her!
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16**   Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 3:19 pm

Here's one more, courtesy of the Shores (Ariel's family). Layla and I meet Meeka! Meeka looks mad but she's really very happy and friendly!
Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 Bsd_me11
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16**   Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 12:27 pm

So, we made the trip out yesterday to the Adirondacks to visit my parents for a little more than a week. It's Layla's first big trip and she did pretty good, besides having a little diarrhea during the car ride (never while IN the car, though, luckily!). Now that she's settled in at my parents' house she's back to normal and playing with my parents little 11-year-old Jack Russell/beagle mix, Maggie.

Maggie's not as much into playing as Layla, but she's a lot less stressed out than when she and my parents visited us last month at our house. It's also been amazing to see the difference now in size between the two. Last time they were together they were just about the same size!

Layla also got to meet my parents' two cats for the first time. They're pretty old but held their own and then escaped upstairs, where they'll probably stay for the rest of our visit. Still, it was funny to see how submissive Layla acted toward the cats when they swatted at her. She didn't even try to swat back or hunt them or anything. She was just like, "Oh, you don't like me? OK, guess I'll go find something else to play with ..." Wuss! Razz

I'll post some pics of Layla and Maggie together later, once they finish napping. Now, however, I have a small photo dump of a photo of Layla and me at Weir Hill a couple days ago on a walk (don't we look alike? Wink). The other photo is one I took of her in the car yesterday just before we left for our big trip to the mountains.

On a hike at Weir Hill
Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 Layla_34

Ready for her first big trip!
Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 Photo12
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16**   Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 12:36 pm

Aw! She's so pretty and big! I love the car pic, she has that look of sad anticipation they all get lol. It's almost like begging and excitement all at the same time. In some of the ones above, she looks ready to pull! Smile Such a cutie!
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16**   Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 5:11 pm

Thanks, Jen! She is getting big and sure is ready and rarin' to pull! Soon as you say "hike" she just takes off. Wish we could hook her up to something to pull but she'll have to wait. Maybe late next year we can do a LITTLE biking with her before the snow flies. Smile
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16**   Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 10:21 pm

OK, let the photo dump continue! It's the first full day of our trip in the Adirondacks at my parents' camp house (it's their permanent residence but used to be a vacation home). Layla's a lot more "mature" now than she was when my parents and Maggie were visiting us last month, as she's a little more civil with Maggie. Could be because now she's on Maggie's turf and knows it!

Today we took Layla and Maggie for a walk. Weather wasn't too nice but they both enjoyed the exercise. And, unfortunately, we had a first for Layla -- she ate her dinner today at the same time we all sat down to eat our dinner. In a momentary lapse of reason, we all forgot to take her out after she ate. She probably went to ring her bell like she was supposed to but we weren't paying attention, and so she ended up pooping in the downstairs bathroom. At least she used the bathroom! I feel awful, since she's never done that before and it's totally our fault because we weren't paying attention to her. Needless to say that'll never happen again if we can help it!

Anyway, pooping aside, here's the rest of the photo dump (no pun intended ... get it? Razz)

Playing keep-away from Maggie with Layla's squeaky snake toy
Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 13906710

Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 14639010

Hangin' around together
Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 14867810

Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 99992810

Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 14794610

Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 15138010

On a walk
Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 15104110

Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 15357610

They shared a special moment on the ride home ... they've never gotten this close before! (Sorry for the blurriness!)
Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 15246210

Later, Layla decided that since we didn't bring her big bed, she would go ahead and steal Maggie's. She was only half successful.
Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 14760610
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16**   Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 8:26 pm

Layla got a big workout today! She had a lot of energy since we didn't really do anything yesterday besides play inside due to the weather, so my husband took her on a little hike this morning and later I took her to the dog park about half an hour from home. I took her in mid-afternoon, so it wasn't too busy there, but Layla met some friendly dogs and did a LOT of running, taking turns chasing and being chased with the dogs. Even after all that, she STILL wanted to keep going when we went home!

Just like the last time we were there last weekend, there was a big old mud pit in the middle of the park, so Layla had to get a little rinse off in the bath again ...  Rolling Eyes 

Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 Photo_26

Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 Photo_27

Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 Photo_28

Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 Photo_29

Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 Photo_30
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16**   Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16** - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Layla's scrapbook **updated 11/7/16**

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next