It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

[Scrapbook] Mylo's 9th birthday! HEY ALL, IT'S BEEN YEARS OMG

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

Male Join date : 2014-09-20

[Scrapbook] Mylo's 9th birthday! HEY ALL, IT'S BEEN YEARS OMG  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Scrapbook] Mylo's 9th birthday! HEY ALL, IT'S BEEN YEARS OMG    [Scrapbook] Mylo's 9th birthday! HEY ALL, IT'S BEEN YEARS OMG  - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 09, 2023 3:18 pm

Greetings FRENS!
Oh my goodness....it's been so very long since I've stopped by this fluffy place.
I'm very curious to see who checks in and who I'll remember.
A lot has happened, I'm 29yrs old now and today is in fact Mylo's 9th birthday!
He's happy and healthy despite his ongoing struggle with epilepsy.
I don't remember if I ever shared when that started happening at 5yrs old.
Anyway, I took the day off to just spend the whole day with my baby boy.
The weather has finally gotten cooler down here in Houston...so it was a park day!
Mylo knows the weather is nice and wants to do some walking.

As I said, my strong boy has been battling with seizures for 4 years now.
It used to be once a month, slowly the frequency has shortened.
That's something I expected down the line, but it's not easy to stomach.
since June its been every 7-8 days like clockwork. It's bizarre.
The length and intensity of the attacks have remained the same all this time.
1 minute max of stiff movement when he's sleeping.
He just stays laying down as he "loads" back and gets up after like 40 minutes like nothing. I just make sure he's walking normally and test his eyesight.
I describe it as his brain having a faulty cable that shorts out when he's just trying to relax.
He's been on Levetiracetam for 2 years. I finally put him on medicine after one day on July 2021 when he had four attacks on that same day..thats when I knew I had to put him on that.
I was just doing the strongest CBD oil available before that.

He loves to sleep in the living room, so for the past few years I have slept on the couch to be near him and keep an eye on him when he has an attack. Thankfully the couch I sleep on is very comfortable. It's almost instinct now when I'm asleep and I hear him having an attack and I hurry to make sure he doesn't hit himself on something and put a towel by his head and in the middle of him under his legs when he stats to pee himself. He keeps coming back every time, so I'll continue to be there for him.

Every birthday makes it super emotional for me to see him make it yet another year.
I love him so very much. He continues to teach a lot about life.
His skin has always been dry and as he gets older his skin has only gotten worse.
He's so fluffy that you can't tell though, but he has a lot of scabby areas.
I've tried everything from change of diet to oils and it all continues.
I just keep giving him these multi vitamin chews and I do my best with bathing him every other month with special medicated shampoo that really smoothes out his skin like a restart button.

The tradition of getting him a special custom birthday bandana began with his 6th birthday.

ALRIGHT. Here comes a 2023 Mylo photo marathon!

72lbs of fluffy Myloooo
[Scrapbook] Mylo's 9th birthday! HEY ALL, IT'S BEEN YEARS OMG  - Page 9 Img_1210

[Scrapbook] Mylo's 9th birthday! HEY ALL, IT'S BEEN YEARS OMG  - Page 9 Img_0210

[Scrapbook] Mylo's 9th birthday! HEY ALL, IT'S BEEN YEARS OMG  - Page 9 Img_0211

[Scrapbook] Mylo's 9th birthday! HEY ALL, IT'S BEEN YEARS OMG  - Page 9 Img_5610

[Scrapbook] Mylo's 9th birthday! HEY ALL, IT'S BEEN YEARS OMG  - Page 9 Img_6010

[Scrapbook] Mylo's 9th birthday! HEY ALL, IT'S BEEN YEARS OMG  - Page 9 71779110

[Scrapbook] Mylo's 9th birthday! HEY ALL, IT'S BEEN YEARS OMG  - Page 9 71779111

[Scrapbook] Mylo's 9th birthday! HEY ALL, IT'S BEEN YEARS OMG  - Page 9 Img_6210

[Scrapbook] Mylo's 9th birthday! HEY ALL, IT'S BEEN YEARS OMG  - Page 9 Img_8310

[Scrapbook] Mylo's 9th birthday! HEY ALL, IT'S BEEN YEARS OMG  - Page 9 Img_5811

[Scrapbook] Mylo's 9th birthday! HEY ALL, IT'S BEEN YEARS OMG  - Page 9 Img_5911

[Scrapbook] Mylo's 9th birthday! HEY ALL, IT'S BEEN YEARS OMG  - Page 9 Img_5912

[Scrapbook] Mylo's 9th birthday! HEY ALL, IT'S BEEN YEARS OMG  - Page 9 Render10

[Scrapbook] Mylo's 9th birthday! HEY ALL, IT'S BEEN YEARS OMG  - Page 9 Img_6310
The final *official* 9th birthday pic  sunny

[Scrapbook] Mylo's 9th birthday! HEY ALL, IT'S BEEN YEARS OMG  - Page 9 Img_6110
aaand to end this photo marathon...here's my little baby bear when he was 8 weeks old.

EDIT: ughh idk why some pics uploaded sideways. oh well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/davecerv
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: [Scrapbook] Mylo's 9th birthday! HEY ALL, IT'S BEEN YEARS OMG    [Scrapbook] Mylo's 9th birthday! HEY ALL, IT'S BEEN YEARS OMG  - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 09, 2023 4:26 pm

Heya Dave, it has been a long time but I remember you and Mylo well (well,at least Mylo!) Houston has always been something I'd like to forget ... I lived there from 1978 to 2012 (more or less) and from the other side of Texas I can say I don't miss that city at all.

You're looking good (I mean Mylo is, you slipped into a couple of those pictures) and while the news of seizures isn't new, it's good that it's gone well enough that he's still with you.

And ... from the Big Bend of Texas, it's really good to see you again!

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: [Scrapbook] Mylo's 9th birthday! HEY ALL, IT'S BEEN YEARS OMG    [Scrapbook] Mylo's 9th birthday! HEY ALL, IT'S BEEN YEARS OMG  - Page 9 EmptyFri Oct 13, 2023 7:42 pm

Dave! It’s so good to see you and Mylo again! He looks amazing! Sorry you guys are still dealing with his seizures Crying or Very sad you mentioned his dry skin condition, did his vet ever look into it? Like maybe a thyroid issue or zinc deficiency type thing? Both can be connected to seizures. Anyways, he looks great. Seeing him made my eyes tear up. He’s always reminded me so much of Mishka (she passed away January 26th, btw Crying or Very sadCrying or Very sad…Kohdi passed away 3 months later) Mishka almost made it to her 9th birthday, she was only a couple months away. So happy Mylo has made it and will continue to beat the seizures and live to be a little old man. Anyways, Happy Birthday to Mylo…and many more!!!! I haven’t been on here hardly at all but I come in once in awhile to go thru Kohdi and Mishka’s scrapbooks and I was surprised, and happy to see a Mylo update 😊
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

Male Join date : 2014-09-20

PostSubject: Re: [Scrapbook] Mylo's 9th birthday! HEY ALL, IT'S BEEN YEARS OMG    [Scrapbook] Mylo's 9th birthday! HEY ALL, IT'S BEEN YEARS OMG  - Page 9 EmptyFri Oct 20, 2023 8:15 am

@aljones
Nice to hear from ya! You had a long living career here! I’m too much of a city boy to ever leave the big H. I’ve been here near downtown all my life.

Yeah, my little strong man has slowed down, but he’s still Mylo. Sometimes I wonder if the medication is working good enough anymore, but Im scared of what a new one would do to him.

I won’t have much news besides this birthday post, but I’ll try to not take such a long hiatus this time !

@Artic_Wind
How great to hear from you Jim…..but I’m devastated about what you revealed. That is insane….You gave them a wonderful loving life.
I continue to be shocked at how strong my little man is, he keeps coming back. He has so much love from everyone around him, he’s never alone. My living situation is a bit strange, but it all revolves around him. I spend so much money on him, but it makes me happy that I’m able to help him just as I promised I would when he was a baby puppy.
Something I didn’t mention on my initial post about he seizures is that he has one attack 3 days in a row now (9-10 hour gaps). Still the same intensity and length as always just under a minute, He already takes 3 tablets every 12hrs, I’m very afraid to increase dosage or change medication. About his skin…well the vet has ever shown any super critical concern besides describing them as hot spots. As I said, I do give him a bath with a special medicated shampoo and it really smoothes out all the scabby areas, it’s crazy. I don’t bathe him too often though as I know that can cause other issues with him being a husky. I keep it to once every other month.
Anywayyyy, it’s nice you check back over here for activity on the scrapbooks. I don’t have much to share besides this birthday post, but I won’t take such a eternal hiatus this time!

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/davecerv
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: [Scrapbook] Mylo's 9th birthday! HEY ALL, IT'S BEEN YEARS OMG    [Scrapbook] Mylo's 9th birthday! HEY ALL, IT'S BEEN YEARS OMG  - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 23, 2023 9:40 am

Happy birthday (late now), Mylo! Where has the time gone? One of mine has skin struggles. He's allergic to basically everything so it always itchy. I use the Trizchlor shampoo on him and it does fine but with his medication there's just nothing to really do for it as skin issues are a side effect. As one of my others is diabetic now I totally get appreciating every year you get. We've been dealing with the diabetes for 3 years now and every new year is a surprise and a blessing.

PostSubject: Re: [Scrapbook] Mylo's 9th birthday! HEY ALL, IT'S BEEN YEARS OMG    [Scrapbook] Mylo's 9th birthday! HEY ALL, IT'S BEEN YEARS OMG  - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

[Scrapbook] Mylo's 9th birthday! HEY ALL, IT'S BEEN YEARS OMG

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9