It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 1:20 am

Lol, Lycus is leaving snow balls in every spot he lays down in. I keep brushing but there's no end
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 8:13 am

I think koda is about to start. There is a little tuff on his face that i keep trying to get but he wont let me lol.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 7:57 am

Walking Ami yesterday, with the sunlight on his ears it looked like something was wrong - the leading edge almost looked hairless! And this Big Boy is NOT hairless. First thought was tick collar was inducing alopecia. Looked closer - nope, just blowing coat from outside in. Same thing on his legs. My gloves and ski pants are totally covered with hair. Can't wait to see what his summer coat looks like - I've been wondering if he is slightly wooly-coated or just enormously winter coated. I actually may change his nickname - as he's losing coat, he is becoming less The Big Boy and more normal sized for husky Laughing 
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 9:28 am

I'm sure your boy has an extra thick coat from being outside all winter too. Smile
Back to top Go down
techigirl78
Adult
Adult
techigirl78

Female Join date : 2013-06-26

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 7:15 pm

Loki is blowing his coat for the first time! I guess I should not be excited, but I like brushing dogs so I kind of am. I saw one little tuff, pulled and out it came. Sure enough when I went to brush him, there was a white cloud of hair.
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Female Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 7:29 pm

Must feel so liberating to pull out those tufts and they just come out with ease, or to brush through and get a ton of fur on the brush or rake. Layla hasn't gotten to that point yet, but maybe this spring, haha.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 2:45 pm

Dizzy has been blowing for a few weeks now, so last night I gave an uber bath with the zoom groom, and and blow out while using the rake, and holy crap I feel like a terrible owner. He looks so terribly skinny now! I can actually see his hip bones. I didn't realize how much coat he really had until a lot of it came out. He also looks really weird because his neck and chest haven't blown coat yet, but basically from his elbows back he has. Anyway, time to feed the poor guy more and get some weight on him. Sad Oh also, he hasn't shed the butt fluff yet so that part is really funny. Really skinny legs and hips and then a huge fluffy butt.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 4:22 pm

I ran into a similar thing with Kenzi. She too has been blowing for the last few weeks and now that her sides have blown off she is far skinnier than she seemed to be before the blow. On the plus side she's actually a good weight. The vet had her at 50 lbs last time we went in which is up nearly 10 lbs from when I got her and I feared I might have let her gain too much, but she actually looks about right. Kenzi's puff just above her tail never goes away. It didn't blow off the last time she blew coat and it doesn't look like it's going to this time. Not sure what's going on there.

Teenager
Teenager
amora

Female Join date : 2013-05-07

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 3:47 am

btw I have a friend who collects husky hair to make into yarn, if you guys don't mind saving it Smile https://www.facebook.com/janice.l.roberts?fref=ts&ref=br_tf
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

Male Join date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 1:44 pm

Wrong thread.

Last edited by AMB on Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 2:10 pm

AMB wrote:
31.5 lbs a of yesterday. (26 weeks old) Very Happy

I take it you meant this for the weigh-in thread? Wink
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

Male Join date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 2:55 pm

asdfghjkl I thought that's what this was, whoops guess I'm still sleepy. >-< *facepalm*
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 2:25 pm

Lycus has been blowing his coat for over a month now... I just gave him a bath and a brush out and I got so much out. I haven't really taken any pictures but it's been REALLY windy here the last couple of weeks and it looks like it's snowing from all the fur flying around everywhere. He may have a pretty short coat, but he still sure sheds like crazy. Thankfully, I think he's almost done. Just maybe a few more weeks....  affraid 
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 3:05 pm

So far Rogue and Diamond are done, Kenna and Enya have both right in the midst of blowing, Denali is right behind them, Harvest Mason and Weaver are all just barely starting to tuft, haven't seen anything yet out of Dakota and Juneau. I'm not anticipating Keegan any time real soon since he's only 5mos.
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 5:45 pm

Shebs is starting to get tuffs along her ribs, back legs, and neck fluff. Not sure what to expect this time around since her last blow was her puppy coat. I'm interested to see what comes up after this blow color wise. I'm not expecting much change, but she lost a lot of buff after her puppy blow, so I'm just curious if this next one will bring change or not. Gotta love coat blowing season Wink.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
Hollyfrost
Teenager
Teenager

Male Join date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 2:11 am

n/t n/t

Last edited by Hollyfrost on Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Danzig's Mommy
Senior
Senior
Danzig's Mommy

Female Join date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 12:26 pm

Definitely blow season for Danzig right now. He's getting some pretty big tufts near his bum. Every time he does, his undercoat gets this reddish tint going on. Kinda cool.
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 6 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 9:50 pm

Mishka is starting to blow again. Sad His back legs are tufting. I brushed him today when I brought him outside and it was just falling out.

Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 6 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 9:25 am

Well it defintly snowed on my porch sunday lol! We brushes koda really good and blew him with the HV dryer. My fiance actually had to get off the porch for a little cause she couldnt breath all the hair lol! Hahahaha. Probably going to do it again sometime soon.
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 6 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 11:04 am

Layla was kind of blowing a little bit on her back legs the other day, nothing too major like coming out in tufts but more than usual. Could've been because I hadn't brushed her in a while, though, but when I put the undercoat rake through her fur the other day I got quite the pile of white fluff from her back legs. Hope it helps her feel a little better now that the temps are rising.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 6 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 12:03 pm

Kenzi blew coat a couple months ago and is currently on a once-a-year cycle where I remove at least two dogs off her, but as soon as she blows out she packs her fur right back on. I'm not seeing hardly any difference between her winter coat and the new "summer" coat. She had no undercoat for about a week then poof!, like a plush toy all over again.

Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 6 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 10:12 pm

WOW. This adult coat blow is NO JOKE!! We've brushed every day for at least a week now and the amount of hair is insane. Next week we will be doing a bath and a good blow out with our HV dryer and hopefully that will be the end of it. She's got some really dark undercoat hairs coming out too that I've never seen. Her shoulders back to her tail is predominantly white/cream undercoat, and her neck to her shoulders is predominantly dark undercoat. Pretty cool, really!
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 6 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 10:36 pm

My baby girl is experiencing her first coat blow. Of course Link is blowing which I've experienced before, but at the same time as Yuki. I'm getting trashbags of hair per day here.

It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 6 IMG_0519_zps3206f239
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 6 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 10:59 pm

Megan, is this Yuki's first adult blow or is this her puppy coat blow?
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 6 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 11:35 pm

Sheba&Kennedy wrote:
Megan, is this Yuki's first adult blow or is this her puppy coat blow?

Mmmmmm not sure. In December she was giving me lots of tufts.. but never quite 'blew'. And shes never blown before this, never gotten fur of this magnitude (from her anyway, its expected with Link lol). But she will be turning 2 in July and to me it feels like shes had her adult coat for a while. I can never figure out these dogs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!   It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on! - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

It's that time of year! coat blowing season is on!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next