It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Getting frustrated trying to adopt

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

Getting frustrated trying to adopt - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting frustrated trying to adopt   Getting frustrated trying to adopt - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 10:59 pm

I hope you get him! He really is handsome!
Back to top Go down
libbybell74
Adult
Adult
libbybell74

Female Join date : 2011-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Getting frustrated trying to adopt   Getting frustrated trying to adopt - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:10 pm

Thank you. and I hope you get a call back soon.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Getting frustrated trying to adopt   Getting frustrated trying to adopt - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:14 pm

I'm thinking with the holidays...it probably won't be till next week now. I must learn patience! LOL!
Back to top Go down
libbybell74
Adult
Adult
libbybell74

PostSubject: Re: Getting frustrated trying to adopt   Getting frustrated trying to adopt - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:46 pm

Im going to feel the same way now. because if Obi gets taken by another family then i need to start looking all over again. Yoour house must feel so quiet without Dakota and willow playing around. Your home needs that rythum back again.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Getting frustrated trying to adopt   Getting frustrated trying to adopt - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 12:31 am

Yeah and then I will wonder what i got myself into! LOL!
Back to top Go down
libbybell74
Adult
Adult
libbybell74

PostSubject: Re: Getting frustrated trying to adopt   Getting frustrated trying to adopt - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 1:02 am

It will be worth it. at least thats what i keep telling myself. lol.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Getting frustrated trying to adopt   Getting frustrated trying to adopt - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 5:11 am

Good luck with Obi! He's freaking gorgeous! I definitely think it will help that you're a husky experienced home..
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Getting frustrated trying to adopt   Getting frustrated trying to adopt - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 1:30 pm

The husky at our local humane society just got posted so I called and someone already beat me to her.
Back to top Go down
libbybell74
Adult
Adult
libbybell74

PostSubject: Re: Getting frustrated trying to adopt   Getting frustrated trying to adopt - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 1:38 pm

To think all you're trying to do is help out one and you hit walls everywhere you go. This is going to be a long few days waiting to hear, especially knowing others have already filled out applications too.
Mindy can't you still put an application in for the one at the humane society incase the other person is refused? Locally would be so nice for you as well.
The drive last night was a nightmare. Traffic down to Kenosha wasn't so bad but took twice as long to get home during rush hour through the city. Obi does look a lot like Willow.
I'm not sure on his name, he is young and has only had it for a few weeks so if I get him I may change it, but can't think of a good one. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Getting frustrated trying to adopt   Getting frustrated trying to adopt - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 4:43 pm

I emailed the rescue and got a response back so I feel better. She said that she should know this weekend. It sounds like the person before me is having to travel to meet Lumen so I will be surprised if they don't take her. Atleast I know NL has other options if so.

Last edited by 26nikita on Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Getting frustrated trying to adopt   Getting frustrated trying to adopt - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 5:36 pm

Yay - that's good news Mindy! Once they know you, hopefully the next cat-friendly one that pops up will be yours! Smile
Back to top Go down
libbybell74
Adult
Adult
libbybell74

PostSubject: Re: Getting frustrated trying to adopt   Getting frustrated trying to adopt - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 5:49 pm

Oh Mindy that is great news. My fingers are crossed and prayers are sent for you and Willow. She needs a buddy again.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

PostSubject: Re: Getting frustrated trying to adopt   Getting frustrated trying to adopt - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 7:28 pm

Great news Mindy Smile
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Getting frustrated trying to adopt   Getting frustrated trying to adopt - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 9:20 pm

Thanks everyone! I really just need to be patient but it's so hard!

Christine, let us know what happens! I hope you get him!
Back to top Go down
libbybell74
Adult
Adult
libbybell74

PostSubject: Re: Getting frustrated trying to adopt   Getting frustrated trying to adopt - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 11:02 pm

Thanks, you will all know as soon as I do. He still needs to be fixed yet so it would probably be a week before he could come home if they chose me. i did find a few more online that are somewhat close if he gets to go home with someone else.
Back to top Go down
libbybell74
Adult
Adult
libbybell74

PostSubject: Re: Getting frustrated trying to adopt   Getting frustrated trying to adopt - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 10:18 pm

Ok so heres the dilema now. I called and talked with the shelter that has Obi and they said that he is in foster care for a week and is being treated for kennel cough and that I am second in line for him. I guess the foster home is the first ones on the list, they wanted to see how it will work out this first week to see if they want him. ok so the problem I have is, do I wait and see or keep looking at other dogs. There are a few more that I could go see tomorrow. But I dont want to just wait around and i also dont want to lose my chances at another one that could be right. I guess I need to sleep on it and find out.UGH the waiting and not knowing sucks.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

PostSubject: Re: Getting frustrated trying to adopt   Getting frustrated trying to adopt - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 10:22 pm

If his first in line is the foster home, I'd start looking at other dogs, they might not keep him if he's too much to handle, which from what I've heard about him, he has some issues but I wouldn't just wait around keeping my hopes up.
Back to top Go down
libbybell74
Adult
Adult
libbybell74

PostSubject: Re: Getting frustrated trying to adopt   Getting frustrated trying to adopt - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 10:38 pm

There are 3 at a shelter that Im going to go and see tomorrow. And Im going to keep looking also. I guess if its meant to happen it will. Plus the women at the shelter where Obi was told me they get huskies in all the time.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Getting frustrated trying to adopt   Getting frustrated trying to adopt - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 10:46 pm

Ugg! I'm sorry Christine! I am in the same boat as you. It's been two weeks and I still don't know about Lumen. I hope I they will tell me this weekend like she said, so I can move on. I know Luma, the link Jennet provided with Obi in this thread, is still available. I emailed several days ago asking if she was still available and asked for more information if she was. Get this, I finally get an email to day that said ....... yes. THAT'S IT! The word yes and nothing else in the damn email. Really??? what happened to trying to adopt out these dogs?
Back to top Go down
libbybell74
Adult
Adult
libbybell74

PostSubject: Re: Getting frustrated trying to adopt   Getting frustrated trying to adopt - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 11:18 pm

Oh. thats such b.s. I get that they are short handed and volunteers but maybe if they got back to people, they could have less animals to tend to. its just so stressful. I hope you get some answers this weekend like they said you would.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Getting frustrated trying to adopt   Getting frustrated trying to adopt - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 11:25 am

I'd keep looking as I see it they all need homes. With the kind of response you receive you might keep waiting for weeks only to lose out in the end ...........even if they bother to let you know the Husky has been claimed.

Don't over think things, ..... look...... like........... adopt .....when one makes you feel good.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Getting frustrated trying to adopt   Getting frustrated trying to adopt - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 11:54 am

My problem is I feel obligated once I request information and I need to get over that cause obviously I'm losing out on others by doing that.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Getting frustrated trying to adopt   Getting frustrated trying to adopt - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 1:00 pm

I decided to go look at the skinny boy. The guy is out of town and left the dog at his parents. I call his dad's cell phone to check to make sure I head that way and get voicemail. Getting frustrated trying to adopt - Page 2 85993 Now I wait until I get a call back....
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Getting frustrated trying to adopt   Getting frustrated trying to adopt - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 2:42 pm

Good luck Mindy. I really hope things work out for you, but in the meantime go treat yourself to something nice while you wait, so you aren't just sitting around getting more frustrated.

I agree with Len as well. Keep looking, and when the right one comes go for it. Maybe the skinny boy will be the dog for you, maybe not. I hope the dad gets back to you quickly!

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Getting frustrated trying to adopt - Page 2 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Getting frustrated trying to adopt   Getting frustrated trying to adopt - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 2:49 pm

edited

Last edited by 26nikita on Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting frustrated trying to adopt   Getting frustrated trying to adopt - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting frustrated trying to adopt

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next