It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
cherbear
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2012-01-14

How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? Empty
PostSubject: What tricks does your Sibe know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 1:31 am

Just wondering what tricks have you taught your sibe(s)?

My girl Enkei knows paw and other paw in english and spanish. She knows sit in english and spanish as well. She does Bang (when I point my finger as a gun and I say bang she falls over and plays dead), She will weave in and out of my legs as I walk. I tell her peek-a-boo and pops her head from under my legs and when I walk forward she will walk with me and when I walk backwards she will walk backwards, sit pretty, closes doors when I tell her to. I think that s it.
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 1:42 am

Paw, other paw, high five (Chili does the "frat boy" version - almost like he's jumping up to give you high five! I really need to get a video), up (jump), down, stay, touch noses, kiss me, back (back up), inside (get inside the house/car, etc), outside (get out of the car, out of the house), bedtime (put yourselves to bed in your crates) and my special "garbage" command for when I want them to walk nicely up to a trash can so I can get rid of their poopie bags while holding two leashes and large bags of poop Smile (usually outside daycare, when they want to pull to get inside and/or jump at the dogs going crazy in the window to the right of the garbage can!). I want to teach them both "speak" - they're pretty quiet usually with a couple of woo-woos a day from Frosti.

Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 1:54 am

Embry knows; sit, down, stay, kennel, sing, come, hi-five, shake

Zoey knows; sit, down, stay, kennel, come, shake
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 1:57 am

Almost forgot! They know "shake" - which is when they shake their entire bodies. We usually give them the command after a bath before we towel them down! Smile We use "gimme paw" for the traditional "shake" command.

I'm also teaching them "left", "right", "whoa" and "stop" on our walks (on a waist leash). My neighbors must think I'm crazy. Wink

And my most favorite commands "Go pee" and "Go poo" Wink Makes it so much easier when I let them out into the yard on a cold night!
Back to top Go down
CaliaKisses
Puppy
Puppy
CaliaKisses

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 12:17 pm

I've been practicing competitive Obedience with Tikaani for a little while now, and will also start Rally-O classes soon as an ice breaker for the two of us since it's a little more casual.

Tikaani also knows paw, spin, down from a distance, go to crate, and we are working on retrieving a dumbbell.
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 12:56 pm

hollywoodhuskies wrote:
high five (Chili does the "frat boy" version - almost like he's jumping up to give you high five! I really need to get a video)

That's awesome calling it the "Frat Boy High Five"! I know EXACTLY what you mean! Sabaka does the Frat Boy High Five!!! ...and sit, down, crawl, shake then other paw, wait, stay, go to bed, leave it, you can have it, speak, (perhaps... when he feels like it...) quite, go potty, die, but sadly not COME! Come in our house is "Do you want to get a treat?" then he comes... well, 95% of the time...
Back to top Go down
Rouge1987
Newborn
Newborn
Rouge1987

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 2:27 pm

Rouge knows:
Heel: behind me
Come: come to my side and lean in (to help with anxiety attacks)
Lights (turn on lights in a room before I go in)
Touch (touch things to either learn a new trick or overcome a fear of an object)
Down (lay down)
On Guard (sit down facing behind me to watch my back)
Leave it (leave the food or whatever she shouldn't touch)

Ah the magical world of clickers Smile she is still learning!! She is currently trying to teach herself how to unlock deadbolts NOT my favorite so now she is crated when I'm not home lol

Last edited by Rouge1987 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
artoaky
Teenager
Teenager
artoaky

Male Join date : 2012-02-15

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 2:47 pm

Luna knows:
Sit
Come(when she wants)
Now(URGENT COME which she always listens)
Down
Lay
Roll Over (In Progress)
Heel (In Progress... But She's been good the past 2 days.)
Paw
Wave
High Five
Stay
Wait (if I'm walking i tell her to wait and she will stop and wait for me to call her)
Get in your bed
Get in your crate
Look (Means Look at me)
Leave It
Kiss

Last edited by artoaky on Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
iceblulady
Adult
Adult
iceblulady

Female Join date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 4:15 pm

We are still working on Thor. But he does know
At Ease - means sit
Attention - means focus on me
Rest - means lay down
Post - means come

Last edited by iceblulady on Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gladahmae
Teenager
Teenager
gladahmae

Female Join date : 2012-02-13

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 4:43 pm

Well, so far we have:

sit
down (lay down)
bed (go and sit or lay on your doggy bed)
shake (although I don't use this EVER b/c he always wants to sit-shake and scratches arms and hands)
stay
come (great in the house, not so great outside)
in progress are left, right, and on by for use once we lose the snow and can start bikejoring. Smile

clicker training is a huge hit for us as well!
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 4:47 pm

Kale knows:
Sit
Come (also only if he feels like it)
Come now, or you wish you hadn't been born. (usually works Wink )
Wait
Stay
Down
Crate
Shake
High Five
Leave it
Gently
Up (or "up up", getting in car and such)
On by
Spin
Speak
Rollover
and currently teaching Crawl (he hasn't caught on yet Rolling Eyes )

Last edited by hypers987 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
cbhart
Teenager
Teenager
cbhart

Female Join date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 5:08 pm

River
touches
learning to turn on lights and open doors
leave it
up
sit
stay
hike
gentle (when hes being to mouthy during play time)
nite nite time
Back to top Go down
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 6:46 pm

Luka and Kitty know: sit, down, stay, come, paw, other paw, spin, roll over, take a bow, up, leave it, speak, crate, tunnel (go through a tunnel), jump (through a hoop), touch(target an object) gee, haw, hike, on by, easy.

Luka also knows to pick up specific toys when asked. Still working on that with Kitty!
Back to top Go down
Lainaloo
Teenager
Teenager
Lainaloo

Female Join date : 2011-11-15

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 8:25 pm

iceblulady wrote:

At Ease - means sit
Rest - means lay down
Post - means come

Those are cute commands Smile we should have thought of that for Atka. Not to late to start!

Atka knows
Come - when he wants to
Sit
Down
Kennel
Quiet
Off - the couch/ me/ the baby gate.

He's pretty spastic and unfocused most of the time so teaching him stuff is not easy.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/laina.dotson
iceblulady
Adult
Adult
iceblulady

Female Join date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:09 pm

Lainaloo wrote:
iceblulady wrote:

At Ease - means sit
Rest - means lay down
Post - means come

Those are cute commands Smile we should have thought of that for Atka. Not to late to start!

Atka knows
Come - when he wants to
Sit
Down
Kennel
Quiet
Off - the couch/ me/ the baby gate.

He's pretty spastic and unfocused most of the time so teaching him stuff is not easy.

Thanks Smile
It's the commands we use on our GSD. It's easier to use the same commands on both.
He also does Salute - means shake/lift paw
Back to top Go down
Lainaloo
Teenager
Teenager
Lainaloo

Female Join date : 2011-11-15

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:16 pm

That's so silly!
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/laina.dotson
silvertoast
Newborn
Newborn
silvertoast

Male Join date : 2012-02-03

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:50 pm

layla has the basics,
sit
down (lay down)
heal
stay
come
no (lol)

she has her days when she is basicly given me the finger though
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 10:12 pm

Blaze knows

Sit
down
come (only when you tell him you have snacks..)
stay
shake (for giving me his paw)

wait when we are walking
Let's go

I guess we need to keep working on some
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 11:50 pm

Ghost knows:

sit
stay
down
heel
wait
high five
paw
other paw
touch
watch me
leave it
drop it
come (when she wants to)
outside
inside (she knows it, just doesn't obey it most of the time)
go pee
do your business (go poo)
speak (she can also say hello and I love you)
quiet

I think that's about it...

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:08 am

Ah! I forgot Drop it lol Kale knows that one VERY well... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:14 am

hypers987 wrote:
Ah! I forgot Drop it lol Kale knows that one VERY well... Rolling Eyes

lol!

Ghost as well. Since in this neighborhood apparently people think it's appropriate to throw cigarette butts all over the place. Seriously, they are EVERYWHERE.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
MyKeeonah
Teenager
Teenager
MyKeeonah

Male Join date : 2012-01-28

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 1:14 am

Keeonah's trick list:

sit
stay
wait (when she's rowdy, and i want her to focus up. getting better.)
hi5
shake(both paws)
put 'em up
bow
lay down
bang
roll over
back up
up(onto something)
off
load up (into the car)
let's go - like to cross the street after we sit at a crosswalk
fetch(until she gets bored)
drop(REALLY handy)
leave it
crate- go to her crate for bed. gets nice treats and toys when she does this. got it really consistent.
Gimme a kiss!
speak- good at it now! Smile)
hush- needed it after she got so good at speak lol Razz
go 'round(me. Works really well for on leash walks when she gets tangled up)
spin

Last edited by MyKeeonah on Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
krisdean.flynn
Newborn
Newborn
krisdean.flynn

Male Join date : 2012-01-27

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 2:01 am

Niko only knows a few but he does them pretty well.... Sit, Stay, Come (only seems to work in the house) shake, give,down and crawl.....some he wont do without the hand signal though like down and crawl.....
Back to top Go down
Rouge1987
Newborn
Newborn
Rouge1987

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 2:59 am

has anyone ever trained a sibe to "watch my back" aka turn the opposite way and "guard" your back while you open the front door or a car door etc? its a great command and I will be teaching Rouge to do it but I'm trying to figure out how to start :/ hmmm...
I love everyone's diff commands!!! I think its interesting to read them as it gives me ideas for other task training! love this thread!
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 10:39 am

Oh I forgot Blaze knows
drop most of the time and
leave it when we are walking he want to pick up stuff..

Some of the Phases he know are
"Walk " You almost have to spell it or say it very softly
"Play Park" - Dog park he get so excited you can not control him or settle him down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? Empty

Back to top Go down

How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next