It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MyKeeonah
Teenager
Teenager
MyKeeonah

Male Join date : 2012-01-28

How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 4:25 pm

Tika wrote:
Tika is almost a year now. I really didn't think it was as much as that.....

Sit
Stay
Down
Rollover (This has morphed into her just rolling onto her back like the lazy sod she is)
Come
Speak
Stairs (You can go up or downstairs)
Drop it
Up (Get in / On things)
Off (Get out / off things)
Jump
Pee
Leave it
Ok (Her release word for almost everything)
Paw
Other Paw
Five
Ten
Crawl
Bow
Freeze (Balancing the treat on her nose until she is released.... She still doesn't always catch it.)
Get 'em! (I point at my god son and she runs off and tackles him. My god son loves this game)
Stop (Used mostly at corners of streets. She comes to a full stop and sits)
NO! (she freezes and looks back at me. This doesn't seem to work with avoiding dogs and or puddles)
Heel (She heels beside me while walking)
Slow (She is heeling but she needs to slow down a bit)
Back Here (I stop moving and she resets and sits beside me in heeling position)
Free (Used in parks or on trails while on lead. She walks at the very end of her lead)
NO PULL (Used alot with free when she is free but pulling she has to stop)
Go / Run (Off lead and allowed to go where ever she wants)
Home (Tika is allowed in the house or runs home)
Right
Left
On By
Monkey (She goes and gets her Monkey Tug Toy)
Bed (Depending on where in the house we say it shes goes into her crate or on her doggy bed)
Bath! (She has been REALLY bad and walks into the bathroom and into the bathtub for a timeout.)
Fetch (Only seems to work with Sticks and only 50% of the time...)

LOKI STOP CHASING THE DOG! (This one is dirrected at my cat, but when Tika hears me say it she walks right up to him and punches him with her nose as if to say "You got in trouble")

For Bathroom warnings we taught Tika to Woo to go out. Now she stares at you for 15 mins, sighs, punches you gentrly with her nose, and if you still don't get it she will Woo. Funny thing is she knows the Woo is such a sure thing she always start running towards the door before she is done. This has resulted in her hitting her head on on DvD racks as well as walls and other furniture.

~Chris~

Please post more pictures of Tika! her scrapbook is one of my favorites
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 9:16 am

MyKeeonah wrote:
Please post more pictures of Tika! her scrapbook is one of my favorites

Thanks so much! You may however regret that request Razz

I got a couple of decent shots I'll try and post up later on in the day if work is slow enough.

~Chris~
Back to top Go down
alexa&joe001
Puppy
Puppy
alexa&joe001

Female Join date : 2012-04-27

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 8:47 pm

Ohhh mann, your dog's tricks are all so impressive, all my dog knows how to do is sit. *sigh* & she barely does that on command, she doesn't listen to us very well..lol
Back to top Go down
cmcelroy
Newborn
Newborn
cmcelroy

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 1:58 pm

iceblulady wrote:
We are still working on Thor. But he does know
At Ease - means sit
Attention - means focus on me
Rest - means lay down
Post - means come

are you military ?
Back to top Go down
cmcelroy
Newborn
Newborn
cmcelroy

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 2:04 pm

My mya is only 11 weeks old so my list is short Sad but with work we will lengthen it.

Mya can

sing to me (people say this will stop as she gets older)
sit
lay down
crawl
bed

she can do all with out commands on sign language or with command.
and of course the regular
NO !
Back to top Go down
cmcelroy
Newborn
Newborn
cmcelroy

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 3 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 12:34 pm

oh and picture time (: she can do picture time.
as soon as my phones out she gets really still
till she sees a flash then moves and gets still like shes posing (:
Back to top Go down
cherbear
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2012-01-14

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 3 EmptySun May 20, 2012 4:51 pm

Here is an update on Enkei,

Sit (spanish and english)
paw (spanish and english)
other paw (spanish and english)
Crawl
spin right
spin left
around (when I tell her around she goes around my right side into the heel position)
swing (she swings her body around on my left side into the heel position)
come
stay
opens the door
closes the door
bang
weave thru poles
weave thru legs
paws up (mainly used when going to hospitals so she puts paws up on the bed for kids to pet her)
pivots 90 degrees left -pivots are standing in the heel position then with I turn my body to the left and she jumps back to the heel position 90 degrees and the same for the 180 degrees.
pivots 180 degrees left
peek a boo
walks between my legs while I'm walking forward and then backwards.
go to you place
sit for exam
stand for exam

I think thats all.
Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

Female Join date : 2012-03-30

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 3 EmptySun May 20, 2012 10:47 pm

Snow is REALLY good at jumping on people....that's pretty much her best trick. Lol

She can:
Sit
Stay
High five
Double high five
Play dead (we say BANG and she drops to her back)
Speak (if only we knew how to make her Stop)
Bow
And she's picked up on how to slide open the sliding glass doors lol
Back to top Go down
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

Female Join date : 2012-06-14

PostSubject: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 2:41 am

So i was just wondering how old your dogs are and what they can do!
do you continue to train them to do more things? or just go over basics? how old were they at certain points of training?

Im just wondering!
Very Happy

Trillion is 9 months.
and she can sit,laydown,shake,highfive,touch, leave it, wait, get it, speak,roll over, circle me, jump through hoops, gentle, and she knows "other paw" and of course her recall, which is about.. 85%

we're working on stay but she can only stay for about a min, and i can only take two steps back >.> it's been the hardest to teach her yet,
we also taught her absolutely NO JUMPING EVER EVER EVER, so teaching things like sit pretty didn't work out for us lol
Back to top Go down
Freya's Mummy
Adult
Adult
Freya's Mummy

Female Join date : 2012-05-31

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 4:23 am

Freya is 4.5 months old, nad I just go over basics with her. I've got the 2 little ones (human children lol) so I dont want to do things that are too complicated for them to not be able to do with her.

She knows sit, laydown, paw (she does both, depending on what side of her body my hand is on), roll over (she rolls onto her side, which is good enough for me for now, she's attempting it), she knows leave it with her food (meals, bones, treats etc.), I tell her to leave it and she doesnt touch it until I say good girl which is her signal she can eat.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/For-the-Love-of-Readi
Ashleymarie9807
Teenager
Teenager
Ashleymarie9807

Female Join date : 2012-08-25

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 8:00 am

Sadly Thunder only knows sit,stay(Sorta), leave it and go lay down...Have been so focused on getting him 100% potty trained that we are only doing the basics.
Back to top Go down
Freya's Mummy
Adult
Adult
Freya's Mummy

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 8:19 am

Nothing wrong with the basics though. I had big intentions of training Freya to do all sorts of things to keep her mentally stimulated. She seems pretty content with just the basics. She has alot of mental and physical stimulation with my boys
Back to top Go down
jschrader
Adult
Adult
jschrader

Male Join date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 11:08 am

I started training both mine early on. Nikko started training at 3 months and he now knows:

Sit
Stay
Down
Leave It
Take It
Heel
Off
Drop it
Shake
Speak
Front
Around
Back

Yukon just started 2 weeks ago so he just knows sit right now
Back to top Go down
taveraw
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 11:15 am

Neeka is 4 months.

Mostly potty trained, but has accidents every now and then.

She knows the following - but doesn't always listen.
Sit
Down
Paw
Drop it
Back to top Go down
jschrader
Adult
Adult
jschrader

Male Join date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 11:17 am

Yeah...I should add that...Nikko only follows commands when he wants to lol. He still won't listen all the time!
Back to top Go down
dbingham12
Teenager
Teenager
dbingham12

Female Join date : 2012-06-07

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 11:19 am

Well Saphire is about 7 months and we started right away with training . . .

Of course we started with crate training, potty training, bite inhibition and leash training. Then we moved on to sit, stay, come (only about 80% of the time), down, off, heel, leave it and drop it (all of which she learned very quickly). Once she had all that down we taught shake and lay down. Now we are working on speak and roll over. She just doesn't seem to understand what we want her to do at all. The speak is the hardest because unlike most husky's Saphire isn't very vocal at all. Everytime we train we go over some of the old stuff too so it stays fresh in her mind.
Back to top Go down
ramoscl
Teenager
Teenager
ramoscl

Female Join date : 2012-09-06

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 11:47 am

Dakota is almost 4 months old and knows sit and speak about 90% of the time and down about 50% i'm pretty sure he understands come but he will only come if he wants to or if he thinks you have something. and if he has something he shouldn't we say drop it but have to chase him a bit first and then he will drop it. we are working on roll over and stay but sometimes i feel i would have better luck teaching a rock to lol

Back to top Go down
MyKeeonah
Teenager
Teenager
MyKeeonah

Male Join date : 2012-01-28

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 4:20 pm

https://www.itsahuskything.com/t3769-what-tricks-does-your-sibe-know?highlight=what+tricks

A quick search can do wonderful things:P. That way we can expand on original threads, so that they become more helpful to everyone.
Back to top Go down
Dragula64
Teenager
Teenager
Dragula64

Female Join date : 2012-07-22

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 5:12 pm

Cj is about two. I'm not sure who trained her or how old she was because she is a rescue. But she knows sit shake with both hands high five with both hands down up spin around army crawl wait roll over speak and she will play dead we just haven't figured out the command for it yet. We taught her speak and wait also army crawl and to spin around. We are always trying new things for her to learn to keep her stimulated. She will also find peopleif you ask her too. We play that game in the house. What a fun thread!
Back to top Go down
Robinhuskylover2231
Teenager
Teenager
Robinhuskylover2231

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 5:59 pm

Cally is 8 1/2 months old... at 7 weeks she knew sit, paw, other paw, lay down, roll over and come.

She now knows all of the above ^ plus her recall which is about...95%, and leave it, drop it, go get it (fetch), bring it back(fetch), down, jump (horse jumps at the barn/logs etc.), up (beds, couches etc.), paws up (placing both paws on my arm/stomach- working towards sit pretty) and we are currently working on sit pretty.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 6:00 pm

I didn't get my first puppy until 4 months and I started tricks right away with him sit stay down shake etc, but with Yuki I wasn't sure when to start training since she's only 7 weeks. I have already done sit and down with her though since I figured those would be important, she got them right away but I had her watch my other puppy do it first. Potty training is a work in progress, and I have yet to get her a crate but hopefully once some stuff settles down I can start crate training her. Heh ^-^
Back to top Go down
Titus&Lycan
Teenager
Teenager
Titus&Lycan

Female Join date : 2012-06-26

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 9:24 pm

Lycan is 4 1/2 months old - he knows sit, drop, stay, wait, paw (right), other paw (left), leave it, come, stop, go to bed, food refusal, speak, gentle, fetch (sorta), give, you wanna go for a walk?.

Titus is 16 months old - he knows sit, drop ,stay, wait, paw (right), other paw (left), leave it, come (only works in the house area), stop, go to bed, food refusal, heel, speak, roll over, hug (the only time where he is allowed to jump on me, putting his paws on my shoulder), easy (when walking), gentle fetch, give, you wanna go for a walk?, let's go let's go (going out with a car).

Last edited by Titus&Lycan on Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 9:45 pm

MyKeeonah wrote:
https://www.itsahuskything.com/t3769-what-tricks-does-your-sibe-know?highlight=what+tricks

A quick search can do wonderful things:P. That way we can expand on original threads, so that they become more helpful to everyone.

Merged Wink

Thanks for the reminder on using the search function too!

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 3 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Freya's Mummy
Adult
Adult
Freya's Mummy

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 4:40 am

jschrader wrote:
Yeah...I should add that...Nikko only follows commands when he wants to lol. He still won't listen all the time!

Freya is exactly the same. Sometimes I wonder if her ears are painted on.

I think it's just a Husky thing.

My friends Retriever follows commands each and every single time. I find it frustrating at times but really appreciate that Freya has personality and isnt so 'I'll do anything to please you.'
Back to top Go down
ramoscl
Teenager
Teenager
ramoscl

Female Join date : 2012-09-06

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 2:00 am

ok i've been sick so i look terrible but Dakota was in a pretty cooperative mood so i used the web cam to record some of what he knows. He normally doesn't bark as much as he is in this video but he reallllly wanted the treats. I mean it had been a whole 5 min since he ate last. oh yes and that is a stolen soda can and the remnants of the last item made of paper he shredded on the floor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next