It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

Male Join date : 2011-05-15

How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 11:46 am

Appa knows:

Sit
Down
On your back - he rolls onto his back into the "no-shame" position.
Stay
Shake
Other Paw
High Five - Both Paws
Crawl
Place - means "go lay on your bed until I say you can move"
Time-Out - he goes into the bathroom and I close the door. Useful when he's too rowdy
Here - Come (pretty good....)
Let's Go - means we are moving, so stay close
Go for a ride - get in the car
Go Find it - we hide treats throughout the house and then he sniffs them out
Wait - Sit until I release you to eat/go out the door/etc etc
Up - He stands on his back legs
Off - anything, people, furniture (never happens anymore)
Leave It - ignore it/drop it, we save on by for when we are really moving ie. jogging/pulling
Gee - Right Turn - He's a champ at these pulling terms.
Haw - Left Turn
On By - Ignore something and keep going
Yip Yip - Hike/Mush - still working on that one, but he's getting it
Woah (working on that one too - good on walks / jogs, not once he's pulling)

I think there's more but I can't think of them now.
Back to top Go down
i<3neo
Teenager
Teenager
i<3neo

Female Join date : 2011-07-27

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:55 pm

Neo knows the basics like sit, lay down, shake, high five, and stay as long as we are not in public. In public I am the lady with the crazy hyper a.d.d dog .

edited to add we are working on speak, but it backfired. He thinks if he talks to us at the dinner table hes going to get something to eat.
Back to top Go down
...YouKnowWho
Forum Nazi and B*tcher
...YouKnowWho

Male Join date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 1:01 pm

American Sign Language. /thread

Posts made by me are not associated or approved by itsahuskything.com. It is widely known that I am a misfit, ingrate, degenerate, brash, trenchant, sardonic, brusque, forthright individual. It should be remembered that all parties operate on the internet and any offense taken from the internet should immediately be followed by a thorough evaluation of one's personal sanity.

-Your Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Adult
Adult
Ghost

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 3:16 pm

I love this thread. Gives me some good ideas for new things to teach Ghost. I wish I could get him to say I love you like the other Ghost! That's so cool.

He knows:
Sit
Down
Stay
Wait
Come
Gee & Haw
Come Gee & Come Haw (do a u-turn turning right or left)
Hike
Easy
Woah
On By
Go Toilet
Up (get in the car)
In (the house)
Shake paw
Drop it
Leave It
Excuse me (get out of the way - he has a habit of laying down in inconvenient places)

I'm working on speak - sometimes he'll do it

Also if I say cookie he starts licking his lips in anticipation!
Back to top Go down
http://www.companionanimalpsychology.blogspot.com
g0tmus1c
Puppy
Puppy
g0tmus1c

Female Join date : 2012-01-17

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 2:48 am

Luna knows:
Sit
Stay (which means to wait while a bowl of food is in front of her, or wait for us to walk through the door, or just stay)
Down
Roll Over
Shake
Other Hand
Speak
Go (Inside the car, or go before me, or go ahead and eat your food)
High Five (Like someone else said, she does the frat boy high five!! haha.)
Come (she has selective hearing on this one)
NO! (means she did something wrong - peeing in the house! ahhhhh)
Spin
Play Shy

I feel like I should teach her some more useful ones like "drop it" "leave it" etc....
Back to top Go down
jrkujak
Puppy
Puppy
jrkujak

Female Join date : 2012-02-27

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 12:14 pm

I've had nike for a week and half, she is 9 weeks today

She is getting really great with sit, we kind of have to do training when shes distracted cause she sees me go for the box of treats and immediately follows me and constantly sits.

I started working on come with her acouple days ago. She is being alittle stubborn with this one, but will usually come like 50-75% of the time.

I am going to work on stay in a couple days once she gets come down.

I cant wait to teach her the fun tricks!!

Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 12:43 pm

The coolest one Ridik does is "get 'em". Usually I use it on Jasmine when she's spazzing out. I tell him, "get 'em Ridik, get 'em!" and he rips a back leg out from under the target dog. Good stuff.

Oh, and I can tell him to go to specific locations and he does (upstairs, downstairs, bed...).
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

Female Join date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 2:04 pm

Kya knows Paw (shake), High Five, Kisses (one two and three), and bang bang dead. Although Bang, Bang, Dead is still a work in process. She will "die" but then she has to be "shot" one more time to roll onto her back lol.
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 2:10 pm

I am not going to list all of them. however her most impressive one is "car" I will say maggie go in the car. She will usually run to the car and jump in. My favorite is when she gets distracted and goes away from the car "maggie, that is not the car, I said CAR" she will turn around and go to the car,

She knows all the basics to advanced she has her CGC
as well
as gee haw woah hike lets go.
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

Female Join date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 2:15 pm

norbreedslove wrote:
I am not going to list all of them. however her most impressive one is "car" I will say maggie go in the car. She will usually run to the car and jump in. My favorite is when she gets distracted and goes away from the car "maggie, that is not the car, I said CAR" she will turn around and go to the car,

Too funny!
Back to top Go down
MyKeeonah
Teenager
Teenager
MyKeeonah

Male Join date : 2012-01-28

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 7:18 am

has anyone done the ring the bell thing for going outside? I've always wanted to try that...
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 10:55 am

MyKeeonah wrote:
has anyone done the ring the bell thing for going outside? I've always wanted to try that...

We do it and it works pretty well. There's actually a thread in the training section on it. Good luck!

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 2 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 10:59 am

Not us, but we are the bell he rings. If hes off from his schedule he will come and torment us until we take him out. He grumbles, and whines, and paws, and dances around until we take him. No sitting by the door patiently for our guy... he just gets super annoying.
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 12:39 pm

rileyflorence wrote:
Not us, but we are the bell he rings. If hes off from his schedule he will come and torment us until we take him out. He grumbles, and whines, and paws, and dances around until we take him. No sitting by the door patiently for our guy... he just gets super annoying.

Ditto here!! I hate it! It's kind of like the little kid with his legs crossed jumping up and down when he has to go potty. I bought the craft supplies to make a bell last week and hope to re-train.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 12:43 pm

SabakaMom wrote:
rileyflorence wrote:

Ditto here!! I hate it! It's kind of like the little kid with his legs crossed jumping up and down when he has to go potty. I bought the craft supplies to make a bell last week and hope to re-train.

Haha, Kody does this too! Crazy dogs!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 12:44 pm

Oh, just taught him how to Spin! Have to get it on video Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 12:46 pm

We thought about retraining him, but it's super handy when we are somewhere new, he can still dance with his legs crossed no matter what house we're at - and it's rare these days. We are on such a schedule around here that we preempt any signs of "gotta go."
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 2:37 pm

SabakaMom wrote:

I need to hit up JoAnn's or Hobby Lobby this weekend and get the same stuff. Our bell is falling apart thanks to our 45 lb wrecking ball...

Did you find a pattern online or did Laina share what she did?

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 2 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 3:42 pm

Let's see....

Dakota knows:
Sit
Down (lay down)
Shake
Wait
Upstairs/Downstairs
Stay
Come (sometimes....she is so stubborn!)
No
Leave it
Drop

Demon knows
Sit
Down
Shake
Stay
Come
Wait (he's getting better, but it's still a work in progress)
Upstairs/Downstairs (sometimes, he usually just follows Dakota)
No
Leave it
Drop
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 10:37 pm

Biko

Remove caps from soda and water bottles (Mylo's old trick) I'll have them on as tight as possible and he'll have them off within 15 seconds.

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/8891/6r2.mp4
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 2:14 am

blueeyedghost wrote:
SabakaMom wrote:

I need to hit up JoAnn's or Hobby Lobby this weekend and get the same stuff. Our bell is falling apart thanks to our 45 lb wrecking ball...

Did you find a pattern online or did Laina share what she did?

Wink I plan to just make it up as I go along... That's the way I often roll! Laughing

I actually saw a cute lanyard at the check out for a couple bucks and picked it up with plans to temporarily stick a bell on the bottom of it until I make the real one. I tend to procrastinate...
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 2:18 am

Let me know how it goes, because I don't really consider myself good enough to make things up on the fly yet. My mom on the other hand...

I tend to procrastinate as well, I should try to fix that.

Back to top Go down
Ant&Lisa
Newborn
Newborn
Ant&Lisa

Male Join date : 2012-03-20

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 4:51 pm

Nanook, does.
Sit.
Lay down,
High five (jumps up and fives me..
regular five, both paws, with swap to each one.
stay and come .

get in your cage.
and with a deep voice when he's naughty,
roll over

he goes for a pee and poo when i tell him.

But one thing he does that is really smart.
If i am sat watching tv and he needs the can, he sits looking at me, and just kinda puffs his cheeks at me..like a quiet ruff, not a bark..i must film it really..
So then i say, dya want a pee, and then he barks, as if to say yeah..

and he's great at football...(soccer to you folks) lol
Back to top Go down
Thor2123
Newborn
Newborn
Thor2123

Male Join date : 2012-04-10

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 11:03 am

my 4 and a half month old Thor will sit, lay, stands, stay, one paw, other paw, both paws (which is adorable), speak, and rolls over. The next thing Ireally want to teach him is pray Smile
I'm always open to suggestions and meeting up they are the most amazing breeds in the world to me
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 3:54 pm

Tika is almost a year now. I really didn't think it was as much as that.....

Sit
Stay
Down
Rollover (This has morphed into her just rolling onto her back like the lazy sod she is)
Come
Speak
Stairs (You can go up or downstairs)
Drop it
Up (Get in / On things)
Off (Get out / off things)
Jump
Pee
Leave it
Ok (Her release word for almost everything)
Paw
Other Paw
Five
Ten
Crawl
Bow
Freeze (Balancing the treat on her nose until she is released.... She still doesn't always catch it.)
Get 'em! (I point at my god son and she runs off and tackles him. My god son loves this game)
Stop (Used mostly at corners of streets. She comes to a full stop and sits)
NO! (she freezes and looks back at me. This doesn't seem to work with avoiding dogs and or puddles)
Heel (She heels beside me while walking)
Slow (She is heeling but she needs to slow down a bit)
Back Here (I stop moving and she resets and sits beside me in heeling position)
Free (Used in parks or on trails while on lead. She walks at the very end of her lead)
NO PULL (Used alot with free when she is free but pulling she has to stop)
Go / Run (Off lead and allowed to go where ever she wants)
Home (Tika is allowed in the house or runs home)
Right
Left
On By
Monkey (She goes and gets her Monkey Tug Toy)
Bed (Depending on where in the house we say it shes goes into her crate or on her doggy bed)
Bath! (She has been REALLY bad and walks into the bathroom and into the bathtub for a timeout.)
Fetch (Only seems to work with Sticks and only 50% of the time...)

LOKI STOP CHASING THE DOG! (This one is dirrected at my cat, but when Tika hears me say it she walks right up to him and punches him with her nose as if to say "You got in trouble")

For Bathroom warnings we taught Tika to Woo to go out. Now she stares at you for 15 mins, sighs, punches you gentrly with her nose, and if you still don't get it she will Woo. Funny thing is she knows the Woo is such a sure thing she always start running towards the door before she is done. This has resulted in her hitting her head on on DvD racks as well as walls and other furniture.

~Chris~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?   How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How old are your pups and what tricks/behaviours do your know?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next