It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Titus killed a tiny poodle

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Arainais
Puppy
Puppy
Arainais

Female Join date : 2011-12-15

Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titus killed a tiny poodle   Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:09 am

I am so glad that Titus is back home, but sorry to hear he isn't feeling well. I hope he gets to feeling better soon!
Back to top Go down
Titus&Lycan
Teenager
Teenager
Titus&Lycan

Female Join date : 2012-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Titus killed a tiny poodle   Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 4:04 am

He has a recent C5 vaccination on August which includes Bordatella. It doesn't sound like a cough. It sounds exactly like an asthma attack where he is wheezing for air. I did (rub his throat in a gentle movement) what I usually did to my mum's shih tzu when it had an asthma attack and Titus calm down. The vet that did his blood test just now said that his chest is clear and wants me to wait a bit to see if he is better in a few days as he just got back. She said it's probably the kennel environment as Titus is always weak in the throat and had throat infection twice when he was 7 months old and 15 months old.
Back to top Go down
Myndi
Teenager
Teenager
Myndi

Female Join date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Titus killed a tiny poodle   Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 4:20 am

I just got caught up on Titus' story - so glad that he's home now!! Have you thought of maybe giving him a spoonful of honey every now and then? It should help with coughing fits some.
Back to top Go down
Titus&Lycan
Teenager
Teenager
Titus&Lycan

PostSubject: Re: Titus killed a tiny poodle   Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 11:37 pm

Brought Titus to the vet today as he was wheezing to much. Kennel Cough.. got some antibiotics for him but he is still not eating yet
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Titus killed a tiny poodle   Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 12:00 am

Give it time - Animals are very intuitive. DO NOT force feed him - a body will purge in order to clear out toxins. It is the same thing a wolf would do. Try a little chicken broth and nothing more. Just be sure to provide water.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Titus killed a tiny poodle   Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 12:13 am

I'm glad it's nothing serious and hope he's on the mend quickly. Hopefully he starts eating soon for you.

Teenager
Teenager
Titus&Lycan

PostSubject: Re: Titus killed a tiny poodle   Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 12:40 am

I will give him some puppy milk. He used to love those. Hopefully he will take some.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Titus killed a tiny poodle   Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 12:41 am

Just don't worry too much Michelle. He will eat, he is okay. Just hug him and be happy he is with you.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Freya's Mummy
Adult
Adult
Freya's Mummy

Female Join date : 2012-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Titus killed a tiny poodle   Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 2:50 am

oh the poor little love. Feel better soon Titus
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/For-the-Love-of-Readi
Danzig's Mommy
Senior
Senior
Danzig's Mommy

Female Join date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Titus killed a tiny poodle   Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 2:57 pm

It's been awhile since I checked in on this. I'm glad to hear you get to keep him and he just has Kennel Cough! I would be so sad if I lost Danzig.
Back to top Go down
Titus&Lycan
Teenager
Teenager
Titus&Lycan

PostSubject: Re: Titus killed a tiny poodle   Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 4:32 am

He is eating a little now. The vet behaviorist told me the lost of appetite is probably a side effect of his calming and anti-anxiety medication.

I've got a breakdown of the bills so far;
$1400 for vet behaviorist,
$3900 for legal fees,
$2700 reimbursement for the dog he killed,
$570 pound fee,
$1600 for council expert fee

$ 10 170 in total - that is a lot!

Luckily my mum is helping out cuz she loves her grandsons that much or I wouldn't be able to pay all these as I am a full time student.

Also, plus another $2400 to send him to Malaysia. But this does not count as we were planning to send him there anyway
Back to top Go down
Kick
Newborn
Newborn
Kick

Male Join date : 2012-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Titus killed a tiny poodle   Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 8:03 am

It's not the price that matters,

It's the companionship that counts and I am sure many of us would have done the same if we were in your shoes.
I wonder how he will do in Malaysia's climate
Back to top Go down
Titus&Lycan
Teenager
Teenager
Titus&Lycan

PostSubject: Re: Titus killed a tiny poodle   Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 10:13 am

Kick wrote:
It's not the price that matters,

It's the companionship that counts and I am sure many of us would have done the same if we were in your shoes.
I wonder how he will do in Malaysia's climate

I agree. But many people just don't understand. Titus case is a hard one so I searched for a really experienced solicitor in this kind of case to save him, hence the high legal fee. I would have just use all my savings to save him.
When I was discussing this case with some regulars in the dog park for a good dog case solicitor, this guy just came in and said something like why bother that much for a dog, just leave it etc.. We definitely got so angry about that guy. Why does some people bother to bring their dog to the dog park when they have this attitude towards dogs?

I think Titus will be fine in Malaysia. The weather is not that hot there when compared to the summer in Australia. It just doesn't have winter. There are a lot of huskies and malamutes there as well. My mum is preparing to move into a new house with bigger backyard. It's currently under renovation and will be done by 10th December. So Titus will have to stay in the old house for a while until they move to the new one. My mum said she will have the air-con on the whole time and have a fan that blows water vapor in the new house backyard. There will also be a small doggy pool for them, not that Titus like to get wet. He actually likes sunbathing more. I call him a house husky as he sleeps under the blanket during winter..

Me and Lycan will join him in Malaysia on January.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Titus killed a tiny poodle   Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Titus killed a tiny poodle

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8