It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Titus killed a tiny poodle

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titus killed a tiny poodle   Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 9:18 am

I'm so glad everything is headed in the right direction! I was thinking about you're situation before I went to sleep and prayed everything was going to work out.

Will they let you visit with Titus?

I feel so bad for Lycan!! Such a shame they had to take him from you're family. The picture of Lycan waiting at the window is heartbreaking Sad ... Poor baby!
Back to top Go down
tr3mor
Newborn
Newborn
tr3mor

Male Join date : 2012-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Titus killed a tiny poodle   Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 10:36 am

Glad that some good news is coming out of this. Dangerous dog is better than having Titus put down, and there looks to be alot of hope with that from that last message.
From Newfoundland our thoughts are with your whole family on this situation, just like all the other members on this site.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tr3mor.org
SiberianAnubis
Adult
Adult
SiberianAnubis

Male Join date : 2010-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Titus killed a tiny poodle   Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 5:24 pm

Even declaring him as dangerous is nonsense, it wa sjust normal dog behaviour. Well anyways it is better then loosing him.

Contact of small and big dogs always can be dangeorus even if they are jus tplaying somehting can happen, the trainer and the owner of the poodle should hav eknown that.

So all that means you will get him back after November the 27th?
Back to top Go down
Ashleymarie9807
Teenager
Teenager
Ashleymarie9807

Female Join date : 2012-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Titus killed a tiny poodle   Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 5:30 pm

Titus was probably just giving the puppy a "Warning You are to close" but because of his size ended up killing him. No teeth marks or puncture wounds means it was not a viscous attack. It that where the case the pups neck would have been torn open.
Back to top Go down
Titus&Lycan
Teenager
Teenager
Titus&Lycan

Female Join date : 2012-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Titus killed a tiny poodle   Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 7:29 pm

I sent my solicitor the information and will see what he says. But if I contest in declaring him dangerous he will have to be in the kennel longer.
I can visit him but I have to make appointment for that and according to the lost dogs home, today is full, I may only see him on Monday. I will try calling them again.
Back to top Go down
Ashleymarie9807
Teenager
Teenager
Ashleymarie9807

Female Join date : 2012-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Titus killed a tiny poodle   Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 7:37 pm

i feel so bad for you, it really is like he is in prison for just being a dog, and I am sorry but why the hell did the poodles owner let him get so close?(Sorry for language)
Back to top Go down
LillDragun
Teenager
Teenager
LillDragun

Male Join date : 2012-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Titus killed a tiny poodle   Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 7:46 pm

OMG! I am so sorry! That is a situation that is unimaginable for me. Even though Mia is only 9 months, the past 7 months since I've had her has been a blessing. I would pretty much almost break her out if things got hairy. I'm lucky that she plays with Peanut (5 lb Pomeranian) on a normal basis and is plays nicely. You and Titus will be in my prayers. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Sammie-Leigh
Puppy
Puppy
Sammie-Leigh

Female Join date : 2012-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Titus killed a tiny poodle   Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 8:06 pm

That sounds like there is some good news starting to come out of it, it's not fantastic news but it is positive, and i think that is what you guys need at the moment, some positive comment and vibes.
that photo of Lycan staring out the window really tugs on the heart strings, the poor thing, no idea where his best mate has gone. :-(
But, keep your chin up, we are all here for support and to lean on should you need it :-D
We will continue to keep you, Lycan & Titus in our thoughts each day and we have fingers, paws, feet, fins, tails and legs crossed here in Queensland for you.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Titus killed a tiny poodle   Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 9:52 pm

I'm really glad to hear that there were no marks on the poodle, I hope everything keeps going in Titus' favor.
Back to top Go down
Freya's Mummy
Adult
Adult
Freya's Mummy

Female Join date : 2012-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Titus killed a tiny poodle   Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 10:25 pm

I guess it's a matter weighing up the pros and cons. Even if he has to spend a little extra time in the kennel with limited visitation from you, because you contest him being deemed dangerous, If you win, he will have many many years of living a restriction free life.

I am really pleased to hear there was no bite marks on hte poodle. Hopefully this works in his favour.
It was just a case of big dog v little dog. I dont believe there was any aggression, It's just a dog doing what a dog does when he's nervous.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/For-the-Love-of-Readi
Titus&Lycan
Teenager
Teenager
Titus&Lycan

PostSubject: Re: Titus killed a tiny poodle   Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 2:24 am

Even if there is no bite marks but because the poodle is death, Titus have to be dangerous. I went to the pound today. They call me because Titus wasn't eating and taking his medications. The moment he saw me he jumped on me and started licking me. After that he ate a little. Luckily the guy that is taking care of him now is a husky lover. His husky markings and colour look a like Titus so he's been pretty good to him.

This thing is gonna leave me with over $4000 legal fees, fines and $2350 reimbursement for the poodle. Can someone tell me what kind of poodle is $2000? Plus she have to bill me for treats, puppy school?
Back to top Go down
Titus&Lycan
Teenager
Teenager
Titus&Lycan

PostSubject: Re: Titus killed a tiny poodle   Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 3:41 am

But I will pay everything including the reimbursement to get Titus out as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
taveraw
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Titus killed a tiny poodle   Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 4:34 am

I am not sure if the poodle would cost $2300, but maybe all the bills for her did? My husky... I have:
$600 to purchase
$400 to spay
$150 visit to vet and puppy shots

Then you have the costs of the other things like training, food, collars, crates etc.

Sounds to me like she is billing you for it all.

Are you being ordered to pay for the poodle? If it is court ordered, I would ask for a detailed account of what the reimbursement for the dog is.
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Titus killed a tiny poodle   Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 4:48 am

Depending on where the poodle came from it could probably cost anywhere from $1000 to $2500 or more (pet store poodles are easily $1000+ and depending on the ethics of the breeder they could easily be upwards of $2k). Depending on what kind of resources were used (the visit to the vet would have been booked as an emergency) to save the dog that could easily run thousands of dollars.

The $2300+ is most likely just the cost of the procedures that went towards saving the dogs life + the cost of the emergency visit. Not the actual cost of the dog itself.*

Reimbursement for the treats/puppy school would be because they (probably)paid for the courses upfront for their dog to take and obviously will no longer be taking them. Asking to be reimbursed for the cost of the class is not unreasonable. You -could- contest the reimbursement of class costs if it was a pay per class situation. The trainer would have to provide proof that the owner of the dog paid upfront the cost of all the classes being taken for them to be reimbursed.

*=the bold is just for emphasis. I didn't want it to get mixed up in the previous statement about how much a poodle could cost from a breeder/store etc.

It does sound like things are in being put into motion that will be able to have Titus placed back with you and I am very glad to hear that.

Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 4 Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
Titus&Lycan
Teenager
Teenager
Titus&Lycan

PostSubject: Re: Titus killed a tiny poodle   Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 5:41 am

I saw the bills, the dog itself is $2000. The vaccination and treat are about $350. And I haven't receive the the vet bill but they told me it won't be much because the poodle was already dead when they reach the vet.

I wasn't ordered to pay for it. I volunteer to pay for the reimbursement.

My solicitor told me I only have to pay $1250 because the market price for poodle with a championship bloodline here is around $1500 and I only have to pay a reasonable cost. But I decide to just give her what she wants that is $2350, so we don't delay anything.

The solicitor also sent a letter to the council asking Titus to be contained in my house instead of the pound. Titus vet behaviorist thinks the pound will make Titus worst because he wasn't eating or taking his meds. The pound wants me to go there now everyday to give him his meds and food.
Back to top Go down
Charsmom
Teenager
Teenager
Charsmom

Female Join date : 2012-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Titus killed a tiny poodle   Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 7:08 am

I hope they allow Titus to come home and be detained there. If not at least you know you will get to see him everyday.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Titus killed a tiny poodle   Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 8:09 am

I really hope they will make an exception for Titus to be detained at home for his health. I'm happy to hear that he's eaten some with your visit. My boy is the same when kenneled, he refuses food and is very stressed but he is very good with the people who care for him at least.

Teenager
Teenager
Titus&Lycan

PostSubject: Re: Titus killed a tiny poodle   Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 8:21 am

Yeah, I hope so too. At least I get to see him everyday. But he will definitely be stress. I will go there again tomorrow at 10am.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Titus killed a tiny poodle   Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 8:38 am

That is so good that you at least have the time and option to see him every day. Titus will at least have that comfort to look forward to and I'm sure will help make it easier while you wait it out. He's certainly a very lucky dog to have such an amazing and caring owner.

Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Titus killed a tiny poodle   Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 10:00 am

Been following silently. Sending thoughts and good wishes for Titus. I admire and respect your actions throughout this whole process.

Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 4 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Titus killed a tiny poodle   Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 11:31 am

Same with me.. I really hope the best turns out for Titus. The best of luck on this terrible journey <3
Back to top Go down
ramoscl
Teenager
Teenager
ramoscl

Female Join date : 2012-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Titus killed a tiny poodle   Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 3:50 pm

This whole situation is just horrible and in my opinion could have all been avoided if the (insert bad word here) poodle owner had used common sense and not brought his tiny poodle up to a large husky. It make me angry that their lack of commen sense is costing you money and seperation from your baby.

You are in my prayers and i really hope the council see's fit to allow titus to stay on "house arrest" untill his trial.
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Titus killed a tiny poodle   Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 4:11 pm

This is just a horrible situation. I am so sorry for you and for your dog.
Titus is lucky that he has an owner as loyal as you are to him.
Wishing you all the best.
Back to top Go down
Titus&Lycan
Teenager
Teenager
Titus&Lycan

PostSubject: Re: Titus killed a tiny poodle   Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 12:41 am

Went and see Titus today.. He wasn't eating nor doing his toilets. He was happy to see me. I feed him some snacks and food. I was there for about 15 minutes. When I left he whined, told him I'll be there the next morning.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Titus killed a tiny poodle   Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 1:43 am

I really hope he can come home soon Sad poor baby. Keep strong <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Titus killed a tiny poodle   Titus killed a tiny poodle - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Titus killed a tiny poodle

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next