It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Fun - Husky names background info

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Ashleymarie9807
Teenager
Teenager
Ashleymarie9807

Female Join date : 2012-08-25

Fun - Husky names background info - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 7:26 pm

Thunder- We all know what thunder is and my dad wanted him to have a "Tough" name...To bad he is a marshmallow lol
Back to top Go down
Jess15
Puppy
Puppy
Jess15

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 7:53 pm

Im loving all the Game of Thrones Names ^.^

Im going to go pick out a pup in a litter sometimes this week ((or possible next week)) and I still am debating what I should call him.

If it was an all white pup, which the breeder I think has close too, I wanted to name him ghost. Or if he was fast and gray, Graywind. But then I decided maybe I should have an Inuit name. So its either Nokotah or Nanook. I cant decide which would be best :/ Any thoughts? XD

Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 7:59 pm

Maybe you should wait until you pick the pup and see what his/her personality is. Once you see your pup a few times, a name will come. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
Jess15
Puppy
Puppy
Jess15

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 8:03 pm

^ Thanks, thats what I was thinking too. Im just so eager to have everything all ready and done with when the puppy comes.
Back to top Go down
bellecma
Teenager
Teenager
bellecma

Female Join date : 2012-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 8:32 pm

Lola means the sorrows so I wasn't a great fan of the name. We considered renaming her Trinity because she has a cross on her face and we had just watched the Matrix. Decided to just stick with Lola. So we made up a fake AKC name Lola's Trinity Missile. Missile because she's fast and it is a nod to Mark Cavendish the cyclist with the nickname the Manx Missile.
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 9:18 pm

Love all the Game of Thrones and Hunger Games names!

No husky yet, but I have been throwing names around for my future pup. I actually always wanted to name my husky Nanook, but I decided to look into other names.

Mishka - A form of the Russian name Mikhail (Michael), which means "who is like God" , also the name for a toy bear in Russian. // Definitely not because of the famous Mishka talking husky. Lol.

Hisoka - Japanese, which can mean "secret" or "reserved".

I also thought of picking a name from Harry Potter since I'm a huge fan but can't decide on a character if I did go that route. Lol.

The parrot is Sunny because he's bright and colorful and is a Sun Conure (not creative 10 year old here. lol.)

Our cat came with his name because he was found in a sugar cane field, but I changed the spelling up to Caine. We couldn't come up with anything else to name him. But for the most part I call him monkey and tootiebutt. Lol.

Jess15
Puppy
Puppy
Jess15

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 9:43 pm

^^ Looks like Nanook is popular LoL When I told my friends about it, they looked at me strange, glad to see Im not the only one thinking of the name, along with Game of Thrones names XD

If you pick a Harry Potter name, pick Dobby ^.^ LoL jk

Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 9:55 pm

I am a big believer in letting the animal help, Tika we had picked beforehand but when we got her it so suited her. Ripley was named Feather and it just didn't work, she's so butch and tough, we came up with a few options until we were discussing Aliens with someone and she said, Hey! Name her Ripley! It stuck instantly.

Puppy
Puppy
gocavs627

Female Join date : 2012-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 9:57 pm

Kane was a rescue dog, his original name was "Chaser". We weren't huge fans of that, and we took some time to get to know him before changing his name. He didn't really answer to anything at first anyway, lol.

Kane is a gaelic name that means tribute or warrior. We didn't really look up the meaning at first, it just seemed to fit him somehow.

Now that we've had him a while, I can't imagine calling him anything else. With his personality, sometimes its like he's a "hurri-Kane" or he's raising "Kane", but again, not why we chose it. Just sounded cool.

I like giving animals people names sometimes too, I remember looking at baby name lists to see if anything stuck. You might want to try that.
Back to top Go down
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

Female Join date : 2012-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 10:23 pm

Lucian, means light in Latin. It just kind of popped in hubby's head while we were arguing over "Titus" or "Lukah" It's also a character from the movie underworld. It fit too, cause he's my little ray of sunshine everyday. Smile

My cats:
Sadie, origination is Hebrew, and it means princess. Kind of funny, cause for the most part she acts like one, lol.

Gypsy, origination is old English and it means Egyptian.
Back to top Go down
Kick
Newborn
Newborn
Kick

Male Join date : 2012-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 5:46 am

My puppy's name is Tyrion from A Song of Ice and Fire or Game of Thrones.

Back to top Go down
Onyx_Blitz
Teenager
Teenager
Onyx_Blitz

Male Join date : 2012-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 9:49 am

We went with Onyx, referring more so to black Onyx, because of his stark black fur when he was a puppy. Other names we floated about were Beau, Blitz, and my personal favorite, although my wife didn't like it, was Anuk (ah-nook)
Back to top Go down
Jess15
Puppy
Puppy
Jess15

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 11:34 am

Tyrion Razz Aww, it would have been perfect if he was the smallest of the litter. Either way, great name.

Awwww Anuk is actually really cute! Its similar to what Im thinking of, Nanook XD Do you know what Anuk means? I know that Nanook means friendly and Polar Bear. I think there is a legend on him aswell, Nanook of the North. So I would have fun with that lol
Back to top Go down
KotaBear
Teenager
Teenager

Female Join date : 2012-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 10:12 pm

We are getting ready to adopt another husky within the next few weeks. (As soon as we have time to make the 6 hour trip to get her.) She is from a rescue, and is only 8 months old, and they have been calling her Skyler. I personally detest the name, but I also am a firm believer in trying to give huskies a name pertaining to their breed and or their roots.

Of course I am like that with any breed, I blame my OCD. lol!

Long story short we are trying to figure out a good name for our girl, so that when she comes we can immediately start getting her use to a new name! Anyone recommend a good website with some good husky/Siberian type names?

We already have our first girl Kota, and that name just fits her to a tee. We have thought about either Anook, or Ari for our new girl but not really sold on either?
Back to top Go down
Jess15
Puppy
Puppy
Jess15

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 10:32 pm

^^ You mean like Inuit names?

There are some for girls I can name off the bat, but I dont have a link for them :/ I just googled Inuit names and scrolled through the lists.

Myka, Meeka, Keeda...uhh, those are the only ones I can think of XD
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 10:38 pm

Lots to choose from here....

http://www.cat-dog-names.com/page/category/69/

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
KotaBear
Teenager
Teenager

Female Join date : 2012-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 10:40 pm

What an awesome website!! I was pretty sure I had read just about every husky name website, but I am glad to say I did not! Thanks!

I also am very fond of the name Mishka, but the husband isn't a fan...
Back to top Go down
libbybell74
Adult
Adult
libbybell74

Female Join date : 2011-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 12:00 pm

Libby- Liberty Bell, she was born on July 4th, also means Free

Lucy- I orininally named her because she was red after Lucille Ball, Now that i have gotten to know her personality it would be after Lucifer. LOL She is a evil brat.
Back to top Go down
Chiviri's mum
Newborn
Newborn
Chiviri's mum

Female Join date : 2012-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 6:53 am

Shiva - major Hindu deity and is "the Destroyer" or "the Transformer" among the Trimurti

I actually didnt name her because of this however. I named her shiva because I play tons of video games (gamer for life!) and the bosses or certain characters (especially Final Fantasy) would depict "shiva" as being that with ice/cold/water qualities, so I thought that was fitting for a sibe.
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 10:21 am

Chiviri's mum wrote:
Shiva - major Hindu deity and is "the Destroyer" or "the Transformer" among the Trimurti

I actually didnt name her because of this however. I named her shiva because I play tons of video games (gamer for life!) and the bosses or certain characters (especially Final Fantasy) would depict "shiva" as being that with ice/cold/water qualities, so I thought that was fitting for a sibe.
There is a TV show on FX called "the league" its about a group of friends that play fantasy football.. Really funny!!! But anyway the triphy they play for every year is called "the shiva" its based off of a old high school friend.. Its really funny
Back to top Go down
DanielleCortez
Teenager
Teenager
DanielleCortez

Female Join date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 11:42 am

Ericobeasto wrote:
Chiviri's mum wrote:

There is a TV show on FX called "the league" its about a group of friends that play fantasy football.. Really funny!!! But anyway the triphy they play for every year is called "the shiva" its based off of a old high school friend.. Its really funny

That's so funny! I was reading the forums last night and saw that someone had a husky named Shiva. My husband and I started screaming the Shiva Blast!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wesatonashoreline.wordpress.com
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 12:02 pm

Funny how you mentioned Final Fantasy, my american eskimo was named after the character Cloud Strife in the games Very Happy His full name is Cloud's Final Fantasy, but when I call him Cloud no one gets the reference. They say 'haha he certainly is white like a cloud!' and then I go NO, Cloud STRIFE. xD

I got Yuki's name from the anime Vampire Knight, not because I really like the anime but because the character Yuki's name means 'snow' in japanese. I was originally debating between Rukia and Hime, but even though I love Bleach, Rukia isn't my favorite character so I decided to save a Bleach name for when I get a red male (Ichigo). For some reason I gravitated towards Yuki more than Hime, even though Hime probably fits better because shes spoiled like a princess! Yuki's full name is Yuki's First Reality to kind of match Cloud's name (first/final, reality/fantasy) and to also represent how Yuki is MY first reality in life, she has opened my eyes to the world of sibes and I don't think I'll own another breed again.
Back to top Go down
DanielleCortez
Teenager
Teenager
DanielleCortez

Female Join date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 12:07 pm

My dog's name is Kingsley. Not after the youtube sensation, but after one of my favorite tertiary characters in the Harry Potter series. You wouldn't know too much from just watching the movies, but in the books, Kingsley Shacklebolt was a strong character that exhibited leadership and bravery in times of need. After the fall of Voldemort, he was instated as Acting Minister of Magic and eventually sworn into office.

He was an Auror.
He fought alongside the kids in the Battle of the Department of Mysteries.
He fought against Voldemort in both Battles of Hogwarts.
He worked undercover as a secretary for the muggle Minister to protect him.

He's basically a good, decent, war-hero turned politician in a sense that he truly was elected by his people and that he continued doing what is right for the better of the masses.

Also, Kingsley is a bad ass name. KING!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wesatonashoreline.wordpress.com
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

Male Join date : 2012-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 12:20 pm

Lol, the first time I read your dog's full name (Cloud that is) all I could think about is how much I missed my PSone, and if I still had VII and IX stored away somewhere at the parents house..

Soshanna's name is Hebrew. It means "Rose", Since I'm Jewish, and she's so damn pretty, Soshanna it was.

Mixie is literally just because she is a mix breed, and kind of simple.

Panzer was named when I adopted her, but I loved the name.
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 5:11 am

My hubby picked Karli's name...he wanted something that we would both like and I had suggested some (I'm really into greek mythology) but he didn't like them. So he did some searching on the internet for names that had to do with snow (sibes and snow lol) and Karli means "covered with snow" in Turkish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fun - Husky names background info

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next