It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Fun - Husky names background info

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
yinnyang
Teenager
Teenager
yinnyang

Female Join date : 2012-12-07

Fun - Husky names background info - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 11:18 pm

Ah just south of me, cool Very Happy
when Yuki is older we should do a play date ^^
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 11:25 pm

Yep we should, hopefully my girls will be a lot more behaved by then.
Back to top Go down
yinnyang
Teenager
Teenager
yinnyang

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 11:28 pm

Yeah that's always challenging ^^. I found out my vet a lot of their employees have huskies so I'm excited to have him learn there Smile

Are you taking them to classes or teaching on your own?
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 11:34 pm

Teaching them on my own, they're just a little too rough with other dogs. Well Sophie and Kay are pretty okay but I have to work with Maya. Maya likes to pin other dogs on the ground ALL THE TIME. I don't mind neck grabbing or even slamming them on the ground just not keeping them there.

Do you want to switch this to chat so we don't clutter up this thread with our posts?
Back to top Go down
yinnyang
Teenager
Teenager
yinnyang

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 11:36 pm

She wants to be a wrestler hahah. Razz

Yeah we got a little off topic here ><

I'm on my cellphone so I don't know if chat will work so well.
Maybe we should start a ramble thread xD
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 11:39 pm

Lol, I'm on my iPod so idk if it'll work for me. I think it should though. And yeah Maya is quite the wrestler. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 1:00 am

yinnyang wrote:

HeyHeyHey don't leave me out! I live just 15min away from Abby Razz
Back to top Go down
yinnyang
Teenager
Teenager
yinnyang

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 1:02 am

Mobezilla wrote:
yinnyang wrote:

I wouldn't do that! XD
It'd be a 3 way meet ^__^

unless we gathered everyone from ohio O_O
*master plan* Razz
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 1:05 am

Mobezilla wrote:
yinnyang wrote:

Darn Megan found out. Razz
Back to top Go down
yinnyang
Teenager
Teenager
yinnyang

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 1:09 am

Haha that reminded me of a show..

Hes like they found out - now to change my name and identity...
They're like calm down hahah XD

Razz
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 1:41 am

Now I'll do all the cats we've had and have.

Daisy: don't quite remember but she may have came with the name.
Belle: named after Belle from beauty and the beast.
Oliver: named after Oliver in Oliver and company (one of my fav movies)
Travis: I think my brother named him.
Reese: She looked like a Reese cup.
Tyty: Named tiger but we shortened it to Tyty.
Jasmine: Named after Jasmine in the hunchback of notre dame.
Sunkist: named after the pop but we also call him sunny.
Buddy: he's Josie's little bud.
Whiskers: We also called her Whisky. She had really long whiskers.
Thor: named after the god.
Hercules: also named after the god.
Razor: because of the stripe down his back.
Salem: after the Kitty in Sabrina the teenage witch.
Frederick: we were running out of names and my friend jokingly said we should name him this.
Sassy: After the kitty in Homeward bound.
Chance: After the dog in homeward bound.
Eevee: named after the Pokemon.
Stella: stars and whatnot.
Leo: after the lion.
Bagheera: after the black panther in the jungle book.
Polar Lilly: I wanted to name her polar and everyone else wanted to name her Lilly so we compromised.
Jade: after a character in a tv show.
Cleo: I thought Cleo would be a good twin name for zoey.
Zoey: after zoey in the tv show zoey101

I think that's all of them, I may have missed some.
Back to top Go down
yinnyang
Teenager
Teenager
yinnyang

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 1:46 am

Very nice Smile

I have to share this with you:
This was My Reese, bc he looked like a Reesy Cup

Fun - Husky names background info - Page 8 Reese2_zpsd60a6508
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 1:50 am

Aww, he really does look like a Reese cup!
Back to top Go down
yinnyang
Teenager
Teenager
yinnyang

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 1:52 am

Hahaha Yes!

I fostered him and found him a good home.
I said the only rules were to keep his name because I taught him to come and stay like a dog rofl!
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 1:56 am

Lol, that's awesome!
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 1:59 am

MayaAndSophie wrote:
Mobezilla wrote:
yinnyang wrote:

Darn Megan found out. Razz

Oh poor Megan checks the internet after she gets off work.
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 2:02 am

Does that mean you stalk my posts after you get off work Suspect

I'll have to be more careful about what I post.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 2:09 am

MayaAndSophie wrote:
Does that mean you stalk my posts after you get off work Suspect

I'll have to be more careful about what I post.

LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
SkylerWest
Teenager
Teenager
SkylerWest

Male Join date : 2012-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 5:25 am

The idea to get him a buddy is now stuck in my head. They really are like chips you can't have just one and the naming struggle starts all over again Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Female Join date : 2012-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 1:07 am

My dog's names are:

Karma-meaning fate, destiny.
Kato-good judgement.

Back to top Go down
tr3mor
Newborn
Newborn
tr3mor

Male Join date : 2012-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 12:24 pm

Zero - Elissa named her after Jack jack skellington's dog in "The Nightmare Before Christmas", but apparently, as a boy's name is of Arabic origin, and the meaning of Zero is "void".

Stig - I named after a character on a great UK car show named TopGear. The origin as a boy's name is a variant of Stian (Old Norse), and the meaning of Stig is "voyager, pilgrim". Which given that this little guy was found on the side of the road, and we picked him up from the S.P.C.A. 600 km away makes it even more suitable Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.tr3mor.org
Kavik_the_Havoc
Teenager
Teenager
Kavik_the_Havoc

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 2:10 am

Jewel - Means precious gem. I was in elementary school when I named her so I pretty much blurted the first thing that came to mind from a short mental list of words that I liked. I decided on her name while on my way to the breeder to pick out my first dog out, I hadn't even met or chosen her yet, but the name wound up fitting her perfectly.
Edit: Her full name registered on her papers is 'Jewel Bluebonnet of the South'

Kavik - Inuit for wolverine. I picked his name out before I met him as well, but this time I knew exactly which dog I was getting. I had purchased him from a breeder in another state and only had his picture on their website to go by. One of my parents suggested I look at Inuit/Eskimo names, and when I did, the name Kavik immediately jumped out at me and became stuck in my head like a possessed thought. After that no matter what name I looked at I kept comparing it to Kavik. I liked the sound of it and he did indeed turn out to be a crazy little wolverine. Razz
Edit: I decided to create a tradition for my huskies so his full name is 'Kavik Bluebonnet of the South'

The way I picked the names for my dogs is about the same way I picked out the dogs themselves, on intuition and a feeling of 'rightness' that simply clicked the moment I saw them.
Back to top Go down
eluke81
Puppy
Puppy
eluke81

Female Join date : 2012-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 1:22 pm

@heather - do your dogs come from the same parents? breeder? siblings or other?? I love their names!!!
Back to top Go down
soul embrace
Teenager
Teenager
soul embrace

Male Join date : 2013-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 12:34 pm

Maya (husky) - Named her after the dog in Eight Below

Zoe (Husky Mix) - name her Zoe after two different characters/people. first is i'm a huge Firefly/Serenity fan and one of the characters on it was named Zoe (would have choice Summer after Summer Glau, who played on Firefly/Serenity, but a friend of mine across the street has a dog named summer and their last name is rivers). i was going to name her Neytiri after the character in avatar but decide it would be to hard for others to say so the name of the actress that did the voice and motion cap was named Zoë Saldana.

my other dogs (that's no longer with me) were named after star wars characters:

Yoda - she was half chihuahua half ? but when she was a pup she had the same size ears as she did growing up but with a small head. at times she would stick her ears straight out and it looked like yoda so that's how she got named yoda.

Binx - after Jar Jar Binks, it got spelt Binx because the friend that took him to the vet thought it was spelt Binx and i liked that way of spelling it better.

when i rescued Zoë for the animal shelter her given name there was Princess and i almost decided to keep princess and her named after Princess Leia but changed my mind.
Back to top Go down
dragonthewhitedread
Teenager
Teenager
dragonthewhitedread

Male Join date : 2012-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 3:31 pm

I named Dragon sort of after the Game of Thrones books. I originally wanted to name him Balerion the White Dread lol (Danaerys Targaryen's family had dragons and her fathers huge black dragon was named that. He was very formidable and no one could go against him or Aerys her father) anyway I decided It was too much of an inside joke and no one would know the context so I settled on dragon (because I support House Targaryen-only GoT fans would understand ha) and he definitely fits the name.

I name Prince my cat because he is a Balinese and very pretty and exotic looking. He seemed too proper for most names and we almost named him Xerxes. Brad didn't like that one so we decided he looked like a little Prince kitty. We also call him P-Kitty lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fun - Husky names background info   Fun - Husky names background info - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fun - Husky names background info

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next